Just to let you know...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Misfit101, May 21, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I dont intentionally set out to be the 1st and sometimes last person to respond to a thread. I dont have a social life outside nf the home. Yall are it. DH works long hours and theres times hes too tired to utter hello. I try to give him the quiet he might need. And when the threads get too long I lose track of who said what. I think thats part of the nature of the beast. I just didnt want yall thinking Im some kind of thread hog or something. The word "verbose" was applied to me once. Daddy said I could talk the ears off a jackrabbit. Guilty as charged. . . . :)
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Funny thing. I was out for a nature walk y-day. Saw two of the strangest
    creatures. Looked a bit like hares, but didn't have the usual long ears. Can't
    imagine what the were.

Have you read the board rules? Last time I looked there were none pertaining
    to frequency of posting. We used to have two frequent posters on the porch. Both
    posted 3-4 times a day. Nobody every complained.

The board is my social life too. I would be posting more often if I had the N-R-G.

Think I'll go see if the computer will let me play bridge on-line. Last time I
    tried it I made zee beeg goof, but I had a nice partner. He didn't complain.

Anyhoo, always nice to hear from you.

Sacre Bleu!

3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

As usual Rock...you made me laugh. And BOY! did I need that. Ok its official...Im miss yaksalot and rainbows the thread killer lol. Im sure theres no judgment on this particular board but I really felt I had to explain myself. If someone were to accuse me of not having a life Id be guilty of that too. And rainbow...POST AWAY! I love reading your posts (honestly...a true statement) and i know Im not alone. . . Rock...you live in a concrete jungle dont you? Whered you manage to find some woods? *cheesy grin*
  4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....you're so silly!! :)

I love coming on the board and seeing new posts. And, besides the rule about being nasty to people, I can't imagine Pro Health would ever stop us from posting about anything.

And, your posts are inquisitive. I like that. It's a good way for us to learn new things about each other.

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe you have answered the numerous inquiries about what's in your bedside table?!!! :)
  5. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I likd the word inquisitive instead of nosy lol. And Id be breaking my number 1 self imposed rule of message boarding...never divulge too much personal info. Broke my own rule on another board and had to clean up my own mess lol. But I would really be mortified if someone got in there. Esp my kids. I think theyd be shocked. I keep telling them there are facets to me they have never seen. And we gotta keep it that way!
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Post away, we love it.

On the medical board, I can't tell you how many times I have been the last poster.

Just the paranoia in me that checks. haha

We pretty much only have each other and we are sticking together!

7. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Like glue, lady...like glue. (sticking together) Things like these boards are Godsends to ppl like me. Im a very social person but ALWAYS seemed to attract the wrong ppl. Ive had money stolen (450 two wks before xmas) and medication. The person who did that i guess was about to be caught by me so just dumped them on the floor. I found them (3 of em) when i swept that night. And small son was THREE at the time! Makes me ill to think what coulda happened. This same person had her 18mo grandson get ahold of one of her methadone and SWALLOWED it! More astounding is that she didnt take him to the er! She didnt want to get in trouble. I told the childs mother cos i was afraid it would happen again. Yep...those are the kind of real life ppl i attract. So i keep to myself now. Well...except for here! :)
  8. springwater

springwater Active Member

Just wanted to say whatever you have posted and some of us know you from your ruminations on the spirituality board, your thoughts are beautiful, from the heart and so insightful. Dont ever feel you are obliged to post. Whether to post or not is a matter of personal choice and should never feel forced.

I hope you are enjoying the serenity of your surroundings, the love of all the woodland and domestic creatures you care for. i just discovered a small bird has made her nest in one of my unused lamp shades downstairs and that five tiny little chickies have hatched. its awesome!
    hope to post pics of those soon. i have pigeons hatching their eggs all over the house but till now never had a bird of this sort make a nest, that too right inside the room. we keep the windows open for the parents to fly in and out.

God Bless

9. springwater

springwater Active Member

Just wanted to tell u i enjoy reading your posts. Like many of us here my social life too is
    sometimes limited and i feel happy to be a part of this family of IMDBoarders. I havent
    participated but have enjoyed hugely the posts made on Loungers thread, they are rib tickling

Ive been on these boards pretty long, I just wouldnt know what to do without this board. its
    so much a part of me now.

God Bless
  10. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I love the sense of humor found here. I have literally laughed out loud sometimes. Dh will ask what im laughing at and sometimes i share and sometimes i dont. What is HUGE to me is the understanding and acceptance here that isnt found in the ppl i meet in real life. Sometimes i wonder if im the only person in this state that has these DDs. I know thats not true but im wondering where the others are. No support groups. Probably cos its too hard to get to them anyway. Thanks for posting springwater. Hope you come back!
  11. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

You said above, "On the medical board, I can't tell you how many times I have been the last poster."

I just figured out WHY. It's because whatever you said was so profound, other people would just be embarrassed to post after you. It's like I tell people about why my parents didn't have any more children after me (I was the 3rd)...........my parents just had to keep trying until they got it right!!! Tee Hee!

Love ya!!
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

because I've experienced often what Becky's experienced... at least it FEELS that way.

I'm betting most of us have, and it means absolutely nothing 99.9999999% of the time.
    It's just that nagging .0000001% that keeps me up at night, ya know what I mean?

As far as Becky's nightstand.... I'm having fun the rest of the night thinking up possibilities.

Luv y'all!
  13. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

One of these days youre going to tempt me to at least give out clues. Not now tho...too embarassing. But...I think EVERYONE needs a nightstand with at least one locking drawer. Good luck on remembering where you hid the key lol!