Just to say hi and how do u cope with the pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gilly26, May 17, 2006.

1. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

Hi
    i have been suffering with post viral fatigue for over a year now. It developed from a viral infection and its been pretty hard going. its such an unpredictable illness and I keep getting new symptoms to keep it interesting!! can anyone tell me how they cope with it all and how they manage the pain.

Thank u

Gilly26
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2006]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello Gilly26

Your in the right place! there's all sorts of info here!! I hope you have a great doctor!! if not try to find one that deals with the specific illness ! coping is different for everyone!............................................I try to do it with med's exercise, pacing everyday living activities. and last but not least diet!............................also i know i mentioned meds, but the sleeping pill i have to take really helps. .............................................................please keep reading the posts they will help you alot!.............................regards sisland
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

you have found the right place! Tons & tons of info. If I had one word of advice for you it would be...find a good DR. that has understanding & compassion.

I have never gotten rid of my pain, but I have had times when it was much better than it is now. There was a time that I was doing so good that I didn't think that I needed medication, so I went off of it. Effexor, flexeril, & Gabitril had my pain under control. The cost of all these meds were also a factor in stopping them. Now I am unemployed & in a ton of pain. I wish I would have left "well enough" alone.

Good luck to you both! Hugs, Tam
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

HI
    is it at all possible for you to get some help with medicade to pay for your meds?.................some DR's will give you samples ! I hate to hear that you are suffering!! ....................I tried to replace all my meds with supplements also about 2 years ago! needless to say it was a flop!.................................................so now i take all the med's and supplements!...........................I have state inc. and medicare. thank god or eles there is no way i could pay for the meds!...............................................goodluck to you hope you find a way to get pain relief!!....................sydney
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

Hi! Nice to meet you! Montana is beautiful! We almost moved there several years ago.

Ya, I guess it is about that time to go back on all of my previous meds, and get some help to pay for them at least until I get back to work.

I really HATE asking for hand outs, but until I get back to work I might have to. I was a single mom for over 10 years & worked 2 full time jobs to support my three children. It was hard, but I was determined to show my abusive ex that I could do it. One of my jobs was a CNA, so we have that in common! I guess you could say that I have gained compassion with this dd & now it is time for humility. PLEASE don't get me wrong...I do not judge others! But I have a selfish pride that I guess the good Lord wants me to lay aside!!!!lol

Thank you for your concern! Hugs, Tam
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's a wonderful board,Linda
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello again nice to meet you also ! handouts, humility, pride!!! wow like you i had to go through all of them 1 by 1 .................................yes i was divorced from an abusive husband in 1990 and have since worked and raised the kids on my own !! Never under estimate the power of a woman! I say !........................................hugs to you i hope if you do go back to work it's something you can handle!........................................Sydney

p.s. I've been to Idaho several times (gorgeous salmon river area) Stanley, challis,sawtooths and the sun valley! Bayhorse mineing area!.........................my brother lives on the salmon river. it's all just gorgeous areas
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2006]
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

is part of the beauty of Idaho! I love the mountains, rivers, and wildlife! I used to live in Mackay, which is about 30 miles from challis. I have been to Salmon, Stanley, and Sun Valley many times. Have you been to Red Fish Lake in Stanley? This is the most awesome place! Tam