Just to say Hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mtinash, Nov 4, 2008.

1. mtinash

mtinash New Member

It has been four months since Josh passed away, with baby steps I get through the day. I have been devoting alot of my time when I am not working in getting information out to the community on support help for survivors of suicide. In addition I have found myself also educating the community on fibro and the devastating effects it has on people. This day in age I find it very confusing that most people still do not understand what it does to individuals who are stricken with this terrible condition both physically and mentally. I find that most of society is under the impression that when someone completes suicide that they are suffering from a mental illness. They don't seem to understand that physical illness can bring on mental distress. I have had numerous people tell me that Josh must have been bi-polar in order to do what he did. The only thing I can tel them is that they did not have to walk in his shoes with pain throughout their body 24/7. I decided early on after Josh completed suicide that if it was within my power his death would not be in vain. Therefore I grab the ear of anyone that will listen and tell them my story. When I am emotionally able I will also be taking training on public speaking about suicide prevention and volunteering to answer a crisis line on suicide.

Once again I want to say thank you to everyone who was such a tremendous support to me througout Joshs illness and after his passing. Big soft hugs to each and every one of you.

Much luv,
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

glad to hear fromyou.

You are definetly a hero for Josh. I can't imagine the pain you have suffered since he left you.

What you are doing is amazing and I applaud you mightly in your strength to go forward with this most needed task.

If there is anything I can help with let me know.

many hugs and luv jenny
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

How do we possibly thank you for all that you are doing? YOU have suffered such tremendous loss and heartache and you are here helping all of us and many other people - Josh first and foremost.
    You are so right on when you said that this illness causes mental distress. This illness in itself causes one to feel so many emotions that would not feel otherwise. Most people can't relate to chronic pain because they haven't felt it. It is exhausting. I have said since I was diagnosed that the mental aspects of this have been much harder on me than the physical and I have pain almost every single day. I have also been a pretty darn "together" person.

Have you ever been on a road trip and had to go to the bathroom so bad you couldn't stand it - you couldn't think, you couldn't talk, you just had to get to the nearest town? That's what it's like, only there is no nearest town and the feeling is pain. - but you can't think of anything else, it takes over your brain and body.

I truly hope you're doing alright. It must be a tough long road for you. I hope you are finding some moments of joy, some time to remember Josh with fondness and smiles and not tears.
    Again, as I've said before, if you ever feel like sharing some of him with us, I for one, would love to hear about him! ....when you're ready of course.

THANK YOU for all that you're doing, not only on Josh's behalf, but for all of us. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know. I know many of us here would be glad to help.

PLEASE stay in touch - pop in and let us know how you are!!
    Love to you-
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you so much for all you're doing for better awareness of FMS. You're a heroine to Josh and a heroine for us all. :)

It's nice to hear from you. You are a total inspiration.

5. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I had wondered about how life has been for you. I'm so happy to hear that you are taking steps to help others, despite how much you are grieving yourself. If even one person "hears" you, then you know you are doing the right thing. Ignore those who don't understand, as they may come around eventually--keep telling your story and keep us informed.
    Big hugs back to you too.