Just Upgraded To Explorer 9

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, May 19, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can always use Foxfire but I like Explorer now. I used to hate it. It took forever for the download but now, my computer is sooooo much faster. Yea!

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm not familiar with CCleaner but my antivirus software cleans out cookies and viruses often so I rely on it. The toolbar with version 9 is a bit different but I'm getting used to it.

There are some things which are safe to download and Explorer is one of them. Microsoft just forces downloads to update its software. Basically, the software which came with one's computer is safe to update.

Love, Mikie
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Have really no idea what you are talking about except something to do with
    your outer. But still glad it works so fast for you!!

Linda
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Explorer is the browser which you click on (on the little "e") to get online. Some people prefer Foxfire and I like it too. As companies update their software, it doesn't hurt to download the newer versions. Explorer 9 has sped up my browsing to about twice as fast as it was. It did take a long time to download the new version, though, but it was worth it. Now, I see Microsoft wants to download updates. At least now, it give me warning instead of just forcing updates while I'm in the middle of something. Microsoft is the operating system which runs everything.

Love, Mikie
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I guess we have Safari now. But the other sounds familiar so must have had
    it in years past.

Linda
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many people perfer them to e. Our problem here is that Comcast's equipment outside is having problems and they have dragged their feet in fixing it. It's frustrating. If it's not fixed in another few days, I'll have to call and bug them again. Our internet signal just either degrades to the point that nothing is working or it just plain goes out.

Love, Mikie