Just Venting........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Car wouldn't start today so I could get to work--husb should have put it on the charger-since it wouldn't start when I left work last night

No neighbors home to give me a ride and my very limited list of friends--not home

Finally called a taxi--should be here soon

[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2011]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Hey BDTMU516,

Don't know where you live, but in Ocean City, MD, taxis ARE free. I KID YOU NOT!!! It's called FREE TAXI. We spend summers there each year for about 21 years now. It's a pretty big resort. Empties out to nothing in the off season, but has a summer population over 300,000. You can read about it here. http://freetaxi.info/

Beadlady, I hope your NOTLIKELYFREE TAXI got you to work on time :)
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thanks for your nice replys and thoughts.

The taxi cost $ 7.50 and I got to work 1 1/2 hours late. Boss understands these things...

My day did get better--husb started a new job!! Its part time, but it is a good opportunity and it is close by.

Husb thinks I will need a new battery--has the battery on the charger all night--praying it will start in the morning so I can at least get part of my job done. We can get a new battery on Friday.

Always something isn't it???

[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2011]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Batteries can have bad cells and you can charge them and charge them but, eventually, the battery has to be replaced. Also could be alternator. It's probably worth a trip to the repair shop so this doesn't happen again. I have AAA and they are great. They have diagnostic computers in their response vehicles. I had a battery with a bad cell which had quit on me a couple of times. AAA came out and he checked to ensure the alternator was OK and he found a bad cell in the battery. I could have gotten a free jump and driven to the repair shop but AAA put a top-line battery in on site for $135.

Love, Mikie