Just want to say an initial "hello"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ArkyFarmGirl, Aug 25, 2002.

1. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

After lurking for a couple of weeks, I decided to register as a member of this board. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you all and hopefully gaining support for whatever lies ahead in the future. I am also hoping that I don't break any rules or offend anyone so please be patient until I figure it out!
  2. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

After lurking for a couple of weeks, I decided to register as a member of this board. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you all and hopefully gaining support for whatever lies ahead in the future. I am also hoping that I don't break any rules or offend anyone so please be patient until I figure it out!
  3. wing-anna-prayer

wing-anna-prayer New Member

I am sure that you will learn a lot on this board, I have. I am also new here and I look forward to getting to know ya.
    Greetings and Blessings,
    Anna
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To the board. Glad you have found us.

I hope we are able to help you too, as we all come here for help, support and to make new friends.

Please read the rules at the top right and left of the board, they will help you to navigate the boards so much better.

We also have an index of other boards that are available on this site, just go to; 'Message boards' at the top of this site.

Welcome, and hope we get to know you better soon.

Shalom, Shirl

5. RonaEileen

RonaEileen New Member

Hi & welcome! I'm an Arky too.

Rona
  6. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

wanted to welcome you to this fine board. don't worry about doing anything wrong. if your not trying to sell anything and you try to be nice, you'll be just fine.

people here have alot of info as you probably already know. if you want to talk about something other than medical, they have a board that's called the chit-chat board. to get there instead of clicking to get to fibro board, there will be an option you can make for the chit-chat board. anything goes there. but you still have to be nice. (teehee)

again welcome, and glad to have you here
    donna
  7. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

I "lurked" for a long time before I had the courage to post. I've been a member for about two weeks, and I have to say that I've found the people on this board to be warm and caring. I'm sure you will find a warm welcome here. Take care and best wishes, Kathy
  8. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Glad you found this site. You will find a lot of helpful people on here. Nice to have you join in.

I see by your screen name and profile you are a "farmgirl". I was raised on the farm but live in town now. Who knows, maybe we will have something in common.

Arlene
  9. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

And welcome to the boards. You'll find many wonderful, caring people here to help you and answer any questions you may have. And don't forget to visit the library. There's so much great info there.

Regina
  10. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi. Just wanted to say hi and hope you find this board and site as helpful as I have already. I just "moved" in a couple of weeks ago. I'v already found so much info and loads of support. eileen
  11. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

I have been on this board for about 3 months now & have talked to many & have even met a few already! I have had this DD For over 20 years. At first they thought I had MS too. There were not to many with FM that many years ago! If you go to a Rhumy, they can test you for FM without all the expencive test! if you feel Crappy or lost or all alone at times, you have come to the right place! Many here will try to make you feel better & keep your spirits up!
    My prayers are with you,

Robin
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2002]
  12. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I too was a lurker, but so glad I started posting (although I'm sure some get tired of my ramblings...lol).

Robin's suggestion about the rheumy checking for the tender points is a good one. Also reading as much as possible on both. There's a ton of info avail in the library & from the members here as you can see already.

I found it invaluable to type a list of my symptoms (I started to do this when I realized I couldn't keep track of all the bizarre things going on!) and also a timeline of when you started having them & what might have precipitated it (i.e. didn't realize till I looked back that my cfids symptoms actually started 2 yrs ago after a viral infection)

Best of wishes to you. Looking forward to more of your posts. Michele

13. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I was a lurker as well, for a bit before I gained the courage to post. Everyone here is pretty amazing. Also, it is nice to be able to relate to others in your same predictament. It is a comforting feeling, sadly, to know that you aren't alone in your pain.
    Lanie