Just want to say "Thank You" before I leave

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bet2, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

I just want to thank you all so much for all of the helpful information that I have received on this board.

I am feeling much better so I don't come on here quite as often as I use to and the board seems different to me now. I have had several of my posts removed with no explanation and I am confused by it all.

So God Bless You All and Thanks So Much for all your helpful suggestions; they really have been a wealth of information for me.

Bet2
  2. Wasabi

Wasabi New Member

Although I don't know you well, I just wanted to make sure that your post has been acknowledged and appreciated. It's wonderful that you're feeling much better. I hope to someday say the same and graduate from this board, as much as it has been helpful.

I agree that things have been a bit odd around here. I have no idea what's going on, but in any case, I wish you all the best and hope that you will continue to feel great. Take care!
  3. over50

over50 New Member

I notice the posts just seem to fly and I have to look them up on the search,or I will forget.With all these horrible things going on in our world,I hope you will still think of us and we will pray for you.
    Let us know what you contribute your feeling better to?
    I hope you come back and check in once in awhile.We are friends.
    Love ya,LInda
    P>S> If you have AOL,everybody is having trouble with them right now.[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Yeah, I did take it personally at first, but then would leave the board and come back and have a different attitude. It just happens...

Hope you'll come back here soon. I can't answer or even read all the posts, but I never even got to know you.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

There has been posts and threads removed. One thread was about the TV snow, and I have no idea why that was removed.
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I've been here now for 2 years and yes, there have been a great many changes felt and seen.

I think the moderators want to remove the small little embers of a possible flare up before it gets fanned into something larger. I had been told things like that happened when I first came to a chat room board, but I've recently left a board where I couldn't believe how it erupted into a firestorm and got very nasty and hurtful. Sitting and watching from the sidelines, I could see it was simply misunderstood posts. We think we are writing in one tone of voice but it can come across to someone else entirely different. And when each one wants to be the last one heard, then there is a real problem.

This is supposed to be an arena of learning and comfort for all of us, but when a couple bad posts sneak in it can ruin a wonderful board and dissolve it in a short time.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you continue to feel well. We all have to do what we think is best for our health and stress level. Perhaps if you take a time out, you will feel like posting again, at least, to let us know you are OK.

My prayers go with you.

Love, Mikie
  8. ckk

ckk New Member

just wanted to let you know that just about every one of my posts get erased! and yes i do take it personally. that is why i really dont start them anymore. so please dont go. you r not the only one.
    ckk
  9. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

If you weren't contacted by the moderators about you posts being removed, they were probably 'innocent bystanders'. While individual responses can be deleted from the middle of a thread, if the initial post is deleted, all of the responses go with it.

Since you are feeling much better, will you share more details of what worked for you? I see from your profile that dietary changes where part of the fix. What supplements have you found to be helpful? Do you have CFS, FM or both?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2005]
  10. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

You're are all so sweet. Thank you for your acknowledgement.

I have posted the things that have changed my life but I know that it is hard to read everyone's stuff because sadly there are so many of us on here.

It is true that diet changes have been a huge transition in my life. I also swim and walk at least 4 times a week. I noticed if I don't keep my muscles moving they tend to lock up.

There is a supplement that I take called "FibroResponse" that I would not be without. I took it to a homeopath and she asked me where I found such a product. It has really been helpful to me.

I am not going to say that I still don't hurt, but when I do the flares are not months long anymore and I can now take trips and even go dancing once and awhile. I even make plans with my friends and am able to keep them. And I don't go to a regular doctor. I do to an accunpuncture, chiropractor,massage therapist. I also get a massage at least twice a month.

I don't eat gluten at all, or sugar. No caffiene, alcohol and very limited dairy and when I eat dairy it's organic. Lots of everything I eat is organic now. Lots of fruits and veggies and if you want something sweet there are lots of alternatives at the healthfood store. Stevia and raw honey are your friends :). I eat alot of rice products too.

B-12, Fibro-Response, and a protein shake in the morning w/lot of vitamins and enzymes in it. Diet Change (which seemed to take forever to do any good but I stuck with it). Gentle stretches in a.m. and low impact excercise 4 times a week for about 40 minutes (had to work up to that time).

I had to be patient but I was determined to change my life. Again, I still know that I have this DD but I can work and function now on a reasonable normal level.

God Bless you all and I hope that this helps someone.

Bet2
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  11. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

It is difficult to keep track of everyone's treatments.
  13. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Although I don't know you. I am sorry to see you go, it seems a lot of members are going recently. I am pleased your feeling better. I hope you will still pop in form time to time and let us know how your are doing.

take care,
    hugs,
    brit
  14. jana15

jana15 New Member

Thanks for the info about your diet Bet. How long have you been following it and what are the main ingredients of Fibro Response? I live in Australia, so any more info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see if I can find something similar here.

Best wishes

Jana
  15. fairqueen

fairqueen New Member

Moderators' duties, on any board I've been on, include monitoring posts to ensure that individuals treat others with respect in all regards. You can have a difference of opinion, but not be "nasty about it". It's pretty simple: Follow the Golden Rule.

I was on the same board Sunflowergirl was on. I want clarify some things. The administrators/moderators on that board were doing the same thing that the moderators' here are doing--trying their very best to maintain an atomsphere of mutual respect; not a free-for-all where people could say anything without regard for others' feelings. However, the board had to be closed down because of repeated problems. No one left the board voluntarily before it was closed down.

It's unfortunate when adults--particularly adults with the kind of helth problem we all experience--cannot get along. Life is far too short. These kind of boards are meant to be a place where people can come to for support, education and friendship.

I admire the moderators on this board--I always have. It's a tough job and, very often, a thankless one.

This is my thank you.

16. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I'm sorry you've decided to leave the board. But, I do want to thank you for leaving behind your "regimen" of how you've improved your life. You're leaving a legacy of what has worked for you in controlling this DD.

Thank you for a terrific contribution!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2005]