Just want to vent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Dec 19, 2002.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I know this is just complainin, but I'm at the end of my rope today. Last night I had a cry fest and usally that helps, but today I'm not feeling any better.

It's mostly money problems, I know a lot of us have them. I'm working at a great place, but I'm not making enough money to live on. I know I should be happy that I can work a lot of you can't and I'm very sorry for wining.

I am my mom's part-time caregiver she is afflicted with Alzheimer's and yesterday she was so confused when I went for a visit. It get me so angry that the rest of my family just lives there life and does have to deal with the stuff I deal with involving mom. Not only am I her caregiver, but I also support her financially. The rest of the family does too, but since I also do additional thing for her does anyone think it too much ask if I tell the family I need a financial break???

I am struggling with them and I guess I just need some fed back from some friendly voices, or just tell me to shut up and be happy I am still able to do as much as I do...

Sorry for the long message...
    Warm wishes to all
    Laura
  2. dobegood

dobegood New Member

You have my symptahy, dear.
    I have no financial worries even though I'm on a Disability Pension. Fortunately, the system here in Norway is quite different from most countries.
    We are well taken care of here and I have tried to give back to society by working in an organisation for 10 years helping others deal with their problems.

In the end though, I needed to take care of myself first.
    You see, I ended up giving nothing to myself and everything to others but in the end, I had nothing to give others because I had not taken care of myself.

That is my point.
    If you can not take care of yourself, you are left with nothing to give.
    I do not see how it is too much to ask to be released of the financial burdon you go through.

I truly wish that you, and all the others in here ONE day may have the benefits I, and many with me, have living where we do. It's a terrible thing that "where you live" should decide what kind of life you should have!

Complain and get it out as much as you like.
    You are entitled to!
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Thank you for the feed back. I'm feeling much better now. My sister wrote a long e-mail to the boys (our brothers) and laid it out in plain clear english what it is that we all need to do to help out.

She also is sending me some money to help out. I don't know what I would do without a friend like my sister...