Just wanted to say hello.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Sep 25, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I've been in a terrible relapse, and too sick to be on the computer much. Still reading a lot, though.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Was Wondering where you were the other day!,,,Sorry to hear about your Re: But am glad you are still with us!,,,It's wonderful that you enjoy Reading so Much,,,,,I really like to read too but have a hard time staying awake when i have a book in my hands,,,,,so i read alot on the PC.,,,Seem to be able to stay awake for That!,,,,lolol,,go Figure,,,,,,,,,Good to hear from you!,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I sure hope your relapse will improve soon. We miss you here on the Chit Chat board. At least you can still check up on us. Please get well soon.

By the way, the picture on your profile is GORGEOUS. What is that from or is that a painting. That is one place I would like to go to.

Hopefully, we can all get you to cheer up Ken. Try to put a smile on and just think that we are all giving you a smile back and big hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you. Wish you had better news to report.

If you visit the book club thread, you'll see we have no book for the month. Just fell apart w/o you.

Have you ever visited the Minnesota Living site? It's short, human-interest videos from WCCO. A visit to Lake Pepin, or Mennehaha Falls, the warden's house, or a ghost town.

I've been visiting Minnesota ghost towns (there are hundreds) and Laura Ingalls Wilder sites. She lived in three towns near Harmony.

The address is something like WCCO.com video library.

The ghost town in Forestville State Park is well preserved.
    Our family reunion is held at this park every summer. Far as I know, no ghosts attend.

Hope Wendy is well, and that you'll be back soon (as the song in Oliver says).

Bestus regardus
    (We have a Latin thread going.)

Your fellow gopher,

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Good to hear from you, but so sorry you are not well.

Our local library has put out a list of books for its residents to vote on for the city to read as a group. One of the books looks really amazing, and I was wondering if you had heard of it and/or read it?

It's called "Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations....One School at a Time".

If you haven't heard of it, you might check it out on amazon.com when you are up to it. It just looks incredible. If you have heard of it or read it, I'd love to know what you think.

Please feel better soon!

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope and pray you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  7. springwater

springwater Active Member

did wonder why there were no posts from you; sorry to hear about the relapse; but pray and believe you will recover real soon; nice of you to post, even tho your not feeling well

God Bless
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'll check back in periodically.

Too sick to type more at the moment.

9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

sorry to hear about your relapse and hope you get better soon.

We are missing you. As Rock said our little book group has fallen into disarray although we are still posting what we're currently reading.

I was at The Lodge On Loch Lomond for one night Wed and it was SO beautiful. The view from the hotel was magnificent and it was so quiet and peaceful.

Hope you're back soon.

10. findmind

findmind New Member

Oh, hi! So good to hear from you; so sorry you feel so terrible. This summer and now Fall changeover have done me in, too.

I just read a book called, The Air Between Us"..can't remember author, but it was so very good; great characters, good plot, wonderful dynamics between highly different people, with an unusual ending. I loved it...fiction is my thing, that plus spies and crime stories.

Do like to throw an interesting biography in there or a medical book f some kind, when fiction gets too constant for me.

Do sleep a lot, ok? It helps me so much to do that...even in the day, if I get droopy eyes, I lie down and am instantly asleep for even just an hour, and feel a little better until the next nap, LOL!

So good to hear from you,
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

But thanks for stopping by to let us all know....

I still miss you're 'Where in the World' games.

12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

big guy!

Get checked for stealth infections, if you have not already. They can take us from just lousy to beyond awful right quick.

Peace out,
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, especially not well enough to post. I have read some of your posts even if I mostly just read and did not reply. It seems that I find myself mostly on the Porch. However, I do try and read other posts when I can.

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you are feeling so badly and hope that you will soon be feeling better .

14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... and for making the effort. I'm so sorry to hear you're flaring - or whatever you care to call it.

Here's to much better tomorrows.

15. mezombie

mezombie Member

Rest up! We'll be here when you feel well enough to visit.

Take care,