Just wanted to say Hi...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ashergirl30, Oct 12, 2002.

1. ashergirl30

ashergirl30 New Member

Hello everyone! I just came across this message board for the first time. I am excited at the possibility of learning a lot from you all. I was diagnosed in July with FM and though I have hurt for the better part of the past ten years my symptoms have become much more widespread recently. One of my chief complaints right now is severe pain in my feet. Can anyone relate? If so.. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
  2. ashergirl30

ashergirl30 New Member

Hello everyone! I just came across this message board for the first time. I am excited at the possibility of learning a lot from you all. I was diagnosed in July with FM and though I have hurt for the better part of the past ten years my symptoms have become much more widespread recently. One of my chief complaints right now is severe pain in my feet. Can anyone relate? If so.. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
  3. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I have pain in my feet, toes ankles, shins, calves. The only thing i do is get off my feet. Hope you enjoy the board I have been on about 4 months. Very informative.
    jean ann
  4. ashergirl30

ashergirl30 New Member

I have had so many new symptoms pop up in the past few months. The feet are one of them. It is very acute pain. I've tried soaking etc.. I'm at the point where I can't stand it. I guess I'm so used to my normal aches and pains. This one is a new one and I guess it will eventually diminish. Thanks again for the welcome...I look forward to getting more educated on FMS.
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I have had tingling in my feet from the beginning, the pain didn't start in my feet until later. I have both a burning type pain mainly on the tops of my feet, plus sometimes my toes are very painful; almost like someone is pinching my toes (I sometimes get this in my fingers, too). It's tough to have so much foot pain, when we rely on them to move us around! I know that even when I have the energy & motivation to do a little light exercise, it's really hard to walk much when your feet hurt so much. I don't really have a good answer for relief, I will take a single vicodin at night on a day when the pain is really bad just to take the edge off & get some sleep (I otherwise don't take regular, daily pain meds; someone else here may have better advice on that avenue). I also plug in a heating pad on low or medium, and put my feet under it, sometimes that helps. I wish you well finding the right treatment, try to stay off them on days when they hurt so much, though I know that's nearly impossible for most of us! Best wishes for feeling better--

Pam
  6. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Ashley,

First off, let me welcome you to the wonderful
    world of knowledge. I'm glad you found a good resourse
    center.

There have been times when my feet hurt, but not
    like you are talking about.

I have most of my pain in my thighs, and inside
    knees. I also have to contend with endless muscle spasms.

Do you know for sure that you are not diabetic,
    or have a circulation problem. I'm not much at diagnosing
    orthers, but you better believe I can diagnose myself.

When I was working, my friends accused me of
    ("PRACTICING MEDICNE WITHOUT A LICENSE)

Hope all goes well and that you can get some more
    info from others on the board.

Warm Wishes
    LadiDi