Just wanted to say hi!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrotigger, Sep 17, 2003.

1. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

I just want to say hi and introduce myself. This is my first day on this board and although I have only read a few posts, it seems very supportive and positive here. How wonderful is that!

I have had FMS since childhood and was finally dx'd in 1998, went on disability in 1999 and some days am just barely hanging in there. I'm lucky to have a wonderful doc, who has promised not to give up on me and a very supportive DH who goes above and beyond to help make my life easier. I struggled with guilt over that for a long time, but have finally realized that if the roles were reversed, I would do the same thing, so I chalk it up to love and try to be as gracious as I can and do what I can when I can.

I'm 44, live in MO, and have 1 daughter, 25, who lives in Portland, OR. My extended family, mom and in-laws have done everything they can to understand what I'm going through and that making plans, for me, is a game-day decision. I'm truly blessed, sometimes hard to remember when in such incredible pain.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I'm looking forward to being a part of this group.

Gentle hugs,
    fibrotigger
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

Have you seen "Princess Bride"? I do love Andre the Giant and the way he says "Hello Lady".

Anyway...welcome; we are glad to have you here. You were a long time before being DXed. I have CFS and I thought I had Alzheimer's and/or I was going crazy before I finally got a diagnosis.

You do have a great attitude, thanks for shedding some sunshine here...

Love,

Sandra
  3. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi there. Welcome to the board. It is a great place to come and get some answers. The people here are really great.
    tlc8858
  4. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

Hi Fibrotigger (what a cute name!)
    I am 32 and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia two years ago, but I've likely had it a long time.
    How great that you have a good doctor who is not giving up on you! That's encouraging to hear. Currently for me, no doctor has really been able to help, but I'm not in the best place for docs, here in eastern Idaho.
    There's a lot of great people here on the board, so welcome!
    Kate
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you decided to join us, we are happy to have you.

It is wonderful you have a supportive husband and family, lots of our members are not so fortunate.

You just hang in there, we have some terrific people on these boards, and a lot of well informed ones too that will be more than willing to help you if they can.

Again, welcome to the board, and do hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Welcome to the board!!! I have found a lot of useful info here,and a whole lot of loving caring people to help me when I need it.I have Fibro and UC. Hope you enjoy the board as much as I have. Will remember you in our prayers!!
    Shirley
  7. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

for the very warm welcome. I'm sure I'm going to love it here. It's so easy to feel isolated with this DD and I can do isolation very well, thank you very much, but the real trick for me is to not give in to it and to communicate with the world at large. Most days I would be totally content to live in the little world of me and my husband, but that's not good for me. So here I am.

Gentle hugs,
    fibrotigger

[ advertisement ]