Just wanted you to know I am on the mend from surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Sep 25, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i have been able to walk on my knee with care around the house. I have a lot of swelling still and spend my time with leg elevated on ice watching tv or reading.

For some reason this surgery is one of the worse ones as far as coming out of the clouds. I woke up after the surgery hysterical crying and have been real emotional from anesthesia all week.

I am on percocet for pain and have been having to take less and less every day so it is easing up

They removed a large peice of my miniscus and the report on my ACL not good, all but severed in half. I have had two ocassions this week where my knee has totally locked up and very painful to bend it again-unfortunatly I think I am going to have to have another surgery-I see the doctor on friday and we will talk about it.

My workman's comp got turned down-surprise surprise! LOL I knew that was coming now STD from work is doing their own investigation to determine if they think it was work realted. If they decide not then I am eligible for benefits, my human resources director was wrong. They even took out the premium from final paycheck so they cannot charge the premium and not pay on it. Sooooooo-either it will pay or not. Steven's income will get us by, barely but it will and he has been real supportive and does not want me going back to work until I am ready this time no matter how long it takes.

Just wanted to fill you in, I am trying to catch up on the bills and pay them on line etc so need to devote energy to that-do nto have much energy so have to use it wisely

hope everyone is well, take care

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i have been able to walk on my knee with care around the house. I have a lot of swelling still and spend my time with leg elevated on ice watching tv or reading.

For some reason this surgery is one of the worse ones as far as coming out of the clouds. I woke up after the surgery hysterical crying and have been real emotional from anesthesia all week.

I am on percocet for pain and have been having to take less and less every day so it is easing up

They removed a large peice of my miniscus and the report on my ACL not good, all but severed in half. I have had two ocassions this week where my knee has totally locked up and very painful to bend it again-unfortunatly I think I am going to have to have another surgery-I see the doctor on friday and we will talk about it.

My workman's comp got turned down-surprise surprise! LOL I knew that was coming now STD from work is doing their own investigation to determine if they think it was work realted. If they decide not then I am eligible for benefits, my human resources director was wrong. They even took out the premium from final paycheck so they cannot charge the premium and not pay on it. Sooooooo-either it will pay or not. Steven's income will get us by, barely but it will and he has been real supportive and does not want me going back to work until I am ready this time no matter how long it takes.

Just wanted to fill you in, I am trying to catch up on the bills and pay them on line etc so need to devote energy to that-do nto have much energy so have to use it wisely

hope everyone is well, take care

cathy
  3. JannyW

JannyW New Member

glad to see you back. Keep us posted on your STD claim ... I've been fighting with my insurance company since July (the last time I got a check from them). I hope you have better luck than I've been having.

Don't be afraid to take the pain meds if you need them. My partner had knee replacement surgery 4 weeks ago & is still on pain meds (usually just at nite now, and before PT). Will you also need to go for physical therapy?

Jan ^v^

4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

has given me extra oxy ir 5ngs to take before and is upping my oxy dose so I can tolerate the PT better.

Just had a visit with pain doc yesterday and he lectured me for being too brave and told me to take my meds so I can walk oin the knee and get around, healing will be much faster if I am not in pain-so since I now have permission it has lifted the guilt and I am taking what I need.

cathy
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I wish you luck with the PT, it's a lot of hard work, but you can doit. Go ahead and take your Meds, if you can stay on top of the pain, your PT will go much better.

My Hubby drove me to the PT's in the am, so I could take my Soma and the Vicodin, that way it didn't hurt so much. The Therphaist knew that I took my meds, that way he could work on me without me smacking him, lol.
    He also didn't push me past what I could do either, he was really Great and I probably would have lost the use of my Right arm and left knee if I hadn't been going to him through out the 18month of Sugery Hell that I went through.

So glad you are making some progress, just take it at your speed and don't push. Keep posting about your progress, I'll keep Praying for ya. Been there, done that, and don't want it again. lol. ;o)

Hope you have a Sunshine day,
    jkredca4/sharon
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm so glad you posted. I've been worried about you.

You may have an added advantage with the disability people looking into this. If they decide it should be paid by Worker's Comp I would think that would help your case with them.

However I still think LTD is probably the best way to go, if you can. That allows you enough time to really heal and then reevaluate your situation and decide if you should try going back to work or not.

Good luck in this and take good care. Don't push too hard, just enough to keep improving.

Hugs,
    Barbara

7. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i am tired this morning and taking it easy-got to go to the doc today for followup in a couple hours-would rather stay in bed LOL

cathy