Just Watched Dr. Wayne Dyer On PBS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've seen his lecture on Intention before but I watched it again. It fits perfectly with everything I have been reading and watching about healing one's spirit and creating a better reality for oneself. They usually show this lecture during their fundraising season. It's a classic.

I also watched their shows on Peter, Paul, and Mary and the one on the Kingston Trio. Boy, did that take me back. But, I digress...

In addition to the DVD's, "What The BLEEP Do We Know," and "The Secret," I highly recommend Dr. Dyer's books and lectures. Deepok Chopra's little book, "The Seven Laws of Spiritual Success" is a wonderful way to let go of some of the unnecessary stress we put on ourselves and to help heal. The message in these resources does not interfere with any religion or concept of God; rather, it just expands one's understanding of spirit. Einstein said something to the effect that he wanted to learn how God's mind works; everything else is just details.

I believe stress to be our number one enemy. Every single one of the things I have mentioned above contains ways to reduce stress. It's like they give us permission to let go of the negatives in our lives. I really needed to hear Dr. Dyer's message yesterday. I think we have to continually practice meditation/prayer and keep in spirit or we will slide back into our old habits of clinging to hurt, anger, judgement, etc.

One of the things Dr. Dyer said rang so true to me. No one is perfect and we do take two steps forward and one backward sometimes. Still, he said, "I'm better than I used to be." I think healing is a journey and if we can look back and say, "I'm better than I used to be," we are on the right path.

I hope someone who needs to see this message today will read it. That's how synchronicity works. If we want something in our hearts, the things we need to achieve that will come our way at just the right time. Hugs and healing to all.

Love, Mikie
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Morning,

I saw it and I do need it. Lately I have been so discouraged and stressed. But like your post said I may feel really bad today, I have been much worse. I was the one of the people that needed your post today!

Can I purchase the DVD's from Amazon?

As always, thank you for posting.
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

What an awesome beautiful man!

I had read some books and saw that lecture a year ago.

Thanks for bringing this to mind again. I think I'll dig out a couple of his books.

I loved Bleep, but have yet to see the Secret. Will definitely look into it.

As always, thanks for your insight, Mikie.

Sue in Ontario
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I love Wayne Dyer too. I agree with you about stress. There never seems to be an end to it. Lately, I have been feeling really scattered, jittery and unable to focus in meditation.I know we all have periods when this happens. It's reassuring to know that if we can say 'I'm better than I used to be', then we are on the right path. I think I can say that.

Thanks for this Mikie. It's so helpful to know that I am not struggling alone. Hugs and healing back to you.

Kathy.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the feedback.

I was able to rent "BLEEP" at Movie Video. I didn't try Blockbuster. I went to the What The Bleep website and ordered the new DVD set, "Down The Rabbit Hole." It is basically the original "BLEEP" film with all the material from the film and from interviews included. It gives you a choice of watching it in several ways. You can cut the drama and just watch the interviews and graphics, you can watch the whole film, or you can watch it with randomized bits of the interviews.

It also contains a DVD of the original film put together a bit differently. It included some really good explanations of several quantum experiements. At the end, it showed what it might be like to discover another dimention. It was very interesting. I prepurchased this set and saved quite a bit that way.

I know of no way to view "The Secret" other than to go to their website and download it to one's computer. This requires a cable fast connect. Otherwise, one has to order it and it's expensive. It's a very good film but not worth the price IMHO. Jeanne said she was going to try to get her library to order it for her.

There is a BLEEP book, which my daughter ordered for me for my birthday. It is a good book. Of course, now she wants to take it with her to read :)

A really strange thing happens between her husband, my SIL, and me. I will be reading something on quantum mechanics and go up to visit only to find my SIL is reading the same thing and vice-versa. I guess the quantum scientists would say we are entangled. It is a bit spooky but no more spooky than quantum physics.

Love, Mikie
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

You have the "sister connection" also! My sisters and I share the same thing, not always all of us at the same time. My husband can sometimes read my mind.
    I was glad to read this post. I need some study on eliminating negativity in my life. There is negativity in some parts of my family that has been going on for quite a while.
    Also, some ugly gossip from a guy (of all things - its not just women!) talking to some friends of mine. I'm afraid my husband wants to sue him for slander.
    I definitely need help.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Cat, thanks for the heads up on the books.

Jake, I hope you can get rid of the negativity or, at least, rise above it.

Hugs to all.

Love, Mikie
  8. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I have seen him, too, a few times on PBS. Years ago, one of my first recovery books was Dr. Dyers. I can't rem. which one. It waa after my first panic attack, when I didn't understand what anxiety was all about. I was a "human-doer", not a "human be-ing". I was led to his book.

Anyway, when I entered into the ACOA groups and Al-anon, I asked for "truth and reality" from my Higher Power. I still do today because they are so lacking in a highly dysfunctional family. I married into a family identical in personalities to my own!

When I am trying to sort things out I will say to myself "the reality is--------", and go from there.

I have a spouse that does not tell the truth and will tell people what they want to hear, or add to the story to make it more dramatic. I pray for truth and I pray for reality. It makes life so much simpler.

Being better that I use to be reminds me of Toby Keith's song that says something like that.......
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of that is that we all do the best we can and when we know better, we do better.

I think everyone can benefit from getting the stress out of their everyday lives but for us, it's crucial. To try to stay in spirit is to stay grounded even when everything and everyone around us does not ring true. It's really a wonderful resource to keep us sane.

I'm glad Dr. Dyer's books have helped you so much. No matter how many of these resources I tap into, the message remains the same. Still, each time I view a film, lecture, or read a book, I pick up new ideas and methods for trying to achieve a better reality.

Thanks for your comments.

Love, Mikie
  10. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

Nice to see something so positive. Thanks for posting this :) I really needed it.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Holly, we must have been posting at the same time. I missed your post til just now. Sounds like you have found a lot of good material. Thanks for posting what you are reading.

ABCD, thanks for your comments. It's always nice to know when a discussion comes at just the right time for people.

Love, Mikie