Just Watched "The Secret"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This film is a lot like "What The BLEEP Do We Know," except that it focuses on the Law of Attraction. I found it to be an excellent film with many helpful suggestions as to attracting what we want into our lives. It is important to keep an open mind and not think the film is suggesting we are to blame for our lives. We are responsible for them and this film tells us how to manifest what we desire. The idea of a creativity board is brilliant.

You can go to the website and order the DVD or, if you have a fast cable internet connect, you can watch it on your computer for $4.99. That is what I chose to do. I suggest you opt for the slow speed so that you don't get any bunching in the video stream. The quality is excellent.

I haven't checked the video store to see whether it can be rented. I will do that. I also haven't checked to see whether the film is available at Amazon. Like with the "BLEEP" films, the film makers got so much footage from their interviews that they are going to make more films which deal with specific areas of life, such as health, wealth, and love.

I highly recommend this film for those who are openminded. Like so many things, this came to me at a time when I really needed to hear its message. It was in the "BLEEP" newsletter.

Has anyone here seen "Peaceful Warrior?"

Love, Mikie
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

I have watched what the bleep do we know,,,It was great!!!
    I havent seen the secret tho, I am a science channel,history channel,cosmos and of course the meercats on animal planet haha. I love those documentaries. Who knows what we will learn next? I've read how we can apply this to our lives a bit , but not enough to understand it totally. Gee can remember those thing, but dont ask what i had for breakfast, did i eat??? oh well, nice to know we share some of the same interests.
    Hugs
    Darlene
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is easier to follow than "BLEEP" and tells exactly how to apply the knowledge. That surprised me. It was pretty cut and dried.

I am amazed at how many people are starting to look at these kinds of books and films. It's amazing how many are interested in quantum physics despite not being particularly scientific types.

My daughter gave me the "BLEEP" book for my birthday and I've been enjoying it. It's a beautiful, high quality book.

Love, Mikie
  4. darvick

darvick New Member

try to get the book. God's little miricals :) the smaller we go the better the understanding , go figure.
    hugs
    Darlene
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've considered Netflix. I've heard that they had problems for a while. Sounds as though you are happy with them. I'm glad.

One thing which really struck me from this new film was how, if we give attention to negative things, we actually attract them into our lives. Yikes!

Darlene, when you mention "smaller" are you referring to quantum physics? I have not read the book but will put it on my list. Thanks.

For so long, I, like most everyone interested in enlightenment, felt alone or, at least, in a tiny minority. This thing is spreading like wildfire. I think many things come into our lives and when we are ready for them, we pay attention. Or, perhaps when we are ready for them, they come into our lives. Oy vay! Another chicken and egg :)

Love, Mikie

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love you last comment. I guess we could call that, Quantum Speak :)

Thanks for telling me about NetFlix. I think I'll check them out.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Madonna is into the mystical Kaballa (sp?) side of the Jewish faith. That was mentioned as one of the ancient sects which were onto "The Secret" in the film.

Funny thing. Whenever something like this comes into my life, all of a sudden, I hear about it from several sources. It's like God and the Universe heaves a sigh of relief and says, "Finally! She's getting it!"

Got a white fluffy feather from my Mom today. That's how she sends her love to me from the Other Side. She sends them to her friends and family.

Love, Mikie
  8. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Hi,

I am not familiar with either the Bleep or The Secret.
    My interest is piqued tho so I will be checking out both.

The Peaceful Warrior hasn't opened in this part of the country yet.
    I have the book it is based on and 3 other books by Dan Milman who wrote The Way of The Peaceful Warrior.

I was fortunate to have met him many years ago..mid 80's and actually took a 2 day workshop he gave on mind/body connection.
    He had such an amazing presence and you definitely felt as though you were spending time with someone who could truly teach you how to find balance and focus in your life.

I was going thru some very difficult times at home and at one point in the workshop he sat next to me and put his hand on mine. He very quietly said..although you have a smile that lights up the room your eyes speak of sadness and pain that is deep and unrelenting.
    You need to find just one thing for now that will bring you peace and joy and focus your energy there.

It was the first time during the 2 yrs. that life was in total turmoil every day that I felt as though someone truly
    recognized how sad I was and how much energy I was putting into hiding behind the smile.

At that time the fibro was not a constant issue and
    shortly after his workshop I took up aerobics and began walking every night after work.
    Although everything around me stayed the same for a very long time, my ability to cope improved.

His books are a good read and some are very helpful towards working on balance in your life.

I hope the movie makes it to this area soon.
    It will be fun to see his first book translated onto the screen.

Pammy
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The BLEEP website. They have some of the most interesting articles and a store there. That is where I heard of "The Secret." BTW, evidently there was an old movie with Kirk Douglas with this same title. Obviously, it isn't the one I watched :)

This is an interesting thread and it's so good to talk with kindred spirits. One thing the movie did mention is that we get a certain feeling of well-being when we are on the right track. Lately, due to being in a relaps and watching far too many news shows, I had lost my focus. I am so glad to be back where I belong.

Thanks for your interest and comments. I appreciate reading about how enlightenment has helped others to change their lives.

Love, Mikie
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

You mention that when you hear of or get an interest in something......all of a sudden it is presented to you from different sources...(not your words, but bottom line)....

Too me that is what positive verus negative is. Broadcast positive and focus on good and learning and it comes to you....... Same for the negative.

So we should give ourselfs positive thoughts and also in how we speak to others.....and ourselfs....

It is there, we just do not open ourselfs to the right vibs.
    Love, Susan
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think when we read or view films like these, it stirs us up and gets us ready. These books and films stress knowledge. Then, we need to be still and let the right vibrations resonate with us. I've read that praying is when we speak to God; meditating is when He speaks to us.

(((((Wishing everyone good vibes)))))

Love, Mikie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And it addresses this question. In "The Secret," they mention that just asking isn't enough. One must do what one can in order to help oneself. The idea is to ask and then turn over the details to the Universe. We are only "in tune" with a small part of our spirit. There is a higher self than what we know in our physical state. We don't always know why things turn out a certain way or why there is such suffering in the world. God doesn't always send us what we want but He always sends us what we need.

The idea of attraction is linked to Karma. The Universe doesn't judge; there is no good or bad. It provides what we focus on. If we focus only on the negative, we will get more of it. If we focus on the positive, we will get more of that. Sometimes, it's a spiral. The more we focus on the negative, the more we get, and the more we get, the more difficult it is to focus on the positive. But, it also works the other way. Once we start to focus on the positive, more good things just seem to happen.

Many feel that there is a new paradigm on the horizon. As the world becomes a global community, we will begin to take peace more seriously and we will see the need for feeding the hungry and healing the sick. Prosperity works hand in hand with peace. Thing is that we learn as we go along. Some feel that we will never learn and that we will always be at war. It may just have to get so bad before it gets better. It takes a long time to change the mindset of hatred and greed. It won't happen overnight. Military solutions are an oxymoron. Solutions require more that a big stick.

I, personally, take time each day to focus on peace and try to visualize it in the world. Nothing good, which we put out into the Universe, is ever wasted. Good is stronger than evil because evil self-distructs. In the meantime, I am going to focus on what I want to create in my life and how I want to create myself. It doesn't help the world one whit if I focus on the problems of illness, war, poverty, and hunger. Better that I should focus on healing, peace, prosperity, and abundance. Better yet, that I act on that and try to do something about one or more of these problems.

Bishop Sheen used to always end his program with the old adage that it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. I believe this is true. It is so easy to slip into the habit of being a victim or focusing on the negative. I'm glad I watched this movie. I've felt better and had a sense of well-being and I want to keep it going.

This may not be the answer for everyone and not everyone is ready for the message. But some are and our numbers are growing. When we are ready, the Universe provides what we need.

Love, Mikie
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks for the mention~
    I'm all about this kind of knowledge/wisdom.

Just suggesting a book which is very much along the same lines,.... and was very good.
    Its called The Power of your Subconscious Mind written by Dr. Joseph Murphy.
    If you were to purchase it you'd find it in the self help section or spirituality/religion.

I saw what the bleep awhile ago.
    Now I gotta see The Secret.
    I think spiritual awakenings are becoming more and more.

Thanks again for the name Mikie
    Hugs
    Tandy
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And thanks for the name of the book. My neighbor is reading, "Living In The Now." I think it's by Gary Zukov, who wrote "Seat of The Soul," but I wouldn'g bet on it. He also wrote "The Dancing Wu Li Masters." It's a book on quantum physics for the non scientist. I was amazed that anyone else was seeking spiritual enlightenment through quantum physics.

Well, lo and behold, there are tons of people who are suddenly interested in quantum physics. It's such an elusive science that even the scientists can say much for certain. How interesting that we are all seeking answers which use spirituality, consciousness, and quantum mechanics to try to answer age old questions about how things work, why we are here, whether we create our own reality, etc. We know so very little but at least now, these questions are being asked in a way which may bring religion, God, spirituality, and science together.

Thanks again for your interest. We never know when we discuss these things how it may touch others who are also seekers of truth. After my separation from my husbnad, twenty years ago, I met a man and we had a nice platonic relationship. Just friends. He was into what was then called, New Age Metaphysics. It was my first introduction to any kind of formal info on the topic. I think that at the time, I was ready, and this man came into my life to get me started. My family and I have always had some unexplainable things happen, but I never started on my own personal journey for enlightenment until then.

Love, Mikie
  15. tandy

tandy New Member

To order and own the Secret they only say " feature length' film/DVD.
    How long is the film Mikie?

Don't wanna order and pay $29 bucks for a 45 min. film.

I should just view it on the internet for $5. I just wanna be comfy when I watch it :)
    being at the computer is not comfy.

Thanks,
    Tandy
  16. tandy

tandy New Member

once,..hoping for an answer.

How long is the Secret? (hrs/minutes)
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tandy, I just watched it on my computer. You have to have a cable fast connect. I found unless I ran it on slow, it didn't stream evenly and bunched up. There is a help button. Seems like it was two hours long but I can't remember for sure.

It would be nice to own the DVD but it's too expensive. Unlike "BLEEP," this film is much easier to follow and I didn't feel the need to watch it over and over. I did take notes when they went through the steps to creating one's life. You can pause the movie and go back to it.

If you watch the movie and then want to buy it, they take $5 off the cost. Still, it's too expensive. My guess is that in time, it will be available to rent.

The Red Tide was still bad today and I didn't feel up to doing anything, so I finished my Creative Boards on the inside of the doors on my computer armoire. They turned out beautifully. I printed out Hubble telescope photos for the background. I thought it was appropriate to underpin my requests with pics of the Universe.

Everkid, thanks for the heads up on BLEEP for free. Google has lots of good free stuff.

Love, Mikie
  18. ckahele

ckahele New Member

Loved your message.
    It was especially significant for me to hear your encouraging words on thinking in the positive.
    I get so upset with all the greed and hate and violence in the world today...but I will try everyday to "light that candle" !
    I come from a family of four sisters and a few years ago my oldest sister lost her only child in a canoe accident.
    While the grief is at times unbearable we have all agreed that his 'passing' (I never use the word death because I've come to realize there is no end or death) has brought us into the realization of the ideas you were expressing above.
    It's so exciting for me to know that there are others who are waking up to this knowledge-even though it has been around for thousands of years-I feel alot has been lost and pushed aside and is now being 'rediscovered'.
    Stay on your journey and keep that candle burning and hopefully we can all pull together to bring peace and love and justice to EVERYONE on this planet and not just those with the 'correct' color skin or those born into wealth.
    Cyndy
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I loved your message too. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister's child. That is so sad. I believe we change form when we leave our physical bodies but that we never die. We, and everything in the Universe, are energy and energy doesn't go away. It can change form. That is what I believe happens.

The difficult things in life can cause us to lose our focus. It's hard to focus on the positive when one is grieving. At one point, we have to ask ourselves whether our pain will provide growth or whether we turn negative and dry up emotionally. It sounds as though your family and you are doing beautifully. You have my prayers for peace in your lives.

Thanks for your response.

Love, Mikie
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so very much. This is so sweet of you. I really appreciate your kindness.

There are times when I've been sick or tired and am too terse or matter of fact in my responses. It's something I'm working on. It happens when I feel a need to resond to a post but am hurrying so that I can get done and go rest. I think we can all relate to that.

You know, ever since I saw "The Secret," it has helped me in ways I didn't expect. When I start to feel sick, I just stop and open myself to the Universe and picture myself tapping into healing. Instead of praying and telling God how sick I am and in need of healing, I thank Him for the healing that I am experiencing. I tell myself how happy I am that I am healing and getting well. It really seems to work. It's different from denial; I was there for several years and that kind of denial is destructive. This tapping into Universal wisdom and healing is a very nurturing kind of mediation. It just seems to take away a lot of the anxiety and provides feelings of well-being.

I wonder whether this is analagous to being in a state of grace. I have always believed I would heal and have done everything I could to achieve that end. I am, in fact, healing. It's not as fast as I would like but God has His own time schedule. This is almost like the missing piece of my treatment. It's for the spirit, body, mind, and soul.

Thank you again for your kind words. They mean more to me than you know. God bless you.

Love, Mikie