Just when I thought things could not get worse...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Jan 14, 2003.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

My patience has run thinner than thin can be imagined. My supposedly great fibro doc is not returning my calls. I have something called Post concussion syndrom, which gives me extreme dizziness whenever I stand for more than 5 min. I cannot take care of my kids, I cannot drive. My Fibrofog has been intensified to levels that I would not believe were possible. It could take days(it's allready been well over a week) to weeks mind you for thisn to pass. My cat scan was normal, so I am not in danger (one good thing). in the mean time my rheumy switched my muscle relaxaxant for no reason. Repeated phone calls have not been returned for a week. Over the weekend I developed some kind of stomache disorder that had me on the potty constantly yesterday, Megadoses of Immodium have helped that, but a severe ab pain sent me to the primary care doc today with a diagnosis of gastroenteritis or diverticulitis whatever that is. I had to go back 3 hours later for an ultrasound, which shed no light on the subject. Now I am on an antibiotic that can cause dizziness. whoopie.
    My poor babies, especially my husband, who is running around like a nut. I can't help to think. what next?
    Well for now my witch session is over. Thanks all for listening. I know you have all been here too. oh, and yeah, I need to find a new rheumatologist! Hope you all are doing better than me.

(((love you guys)))

2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

is looking forward to coming back up. You always seem so upbeat when you reply to everyone that I know you will beat this setback too. I will add you to my ever lengthening prayer list, and you will bounce back better than ever.
    Kathryn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This doubly important due to the stomach problem AND the antibiotics. Hope you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  4. RedB

RedB New Member

Are you sure that your stomach problem isn't possibly a touch of a viral infection? It sounds just like something that passed through a bunch of us around Christmas. Most of us didn't throw up, just had diahrrea something awful. Bad stomach ache with it, too. And I would definitely have them give you an antibiotic that doesn't cause dizziness. There should be other choices they can give you. As for the Fibro Fog, mine has been helped tremendously since I started taking sublingual Vitamin B-12 tablets quite some time ago. And it helped right away.
  5. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Mikie,
    I am very familiar to probiotics as my middle born som had serious stomach problems. At the time, about 2-3 years ago there was not much available. Do you know of any new products out there? Also, I am going to begin taking Coral Calcium(Barefoot) purchaced through Pro health that claims to have probiotic qualities. Are you familiar with this at all? All I know is I can't eat yogurt because of my nausea caused by the comcussion.

And for Red. I once had a dog named Phredd because of his beautiful redcoat (I didn't name him, but have allways loved the name!). Anyway. I am almont postitive it's not a stomache flu because none of my kids have it, and they always run like wildfire in this house. I keep my fingers crossed though. But it is a relief to me that the flu would be a mostly diahrrea event, because I cannot handle the barfing.

Anyway, thank you for all of your advice and care. If this Post Concussion thing ever gets better I will be back more often.

Stay healthy!!

Love Ya,

Maria
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Jarro-Dophilus sold here is the best probiotic I have ever used. It actually soothes the gut when it feels upset. It contains FOS which ensures that it is carried into the intestines where the good bacteria can colonize and thrive. Just be sure to refrigerate it after opening.

It's amazing that I take antibiotics every day and have for more than a year and yet have no problems with my stomach. In fact, my IBS is gone and I wonder whether IBS, like ulcers, can be caused by bacteria.

love, Mikie