Just when I thought things couldn't get worse!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Dec 15, 2005.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Just before thanksgiving my wife's grandpa passed away. Then last week her uncle passed away. On wednesday my grandma passed away. Where is 2006?? I've been feeling worse each week. Over the past few days I've been getting more lightheaded and dizzy. I'm only on nexium, lunesta every other night(2mg) and predisone for the joint pain which I may be stopping soon. I though I had felt like I had the flu before this past week but now it fels like the full blown flu without the fever.

Last night when I got home from work I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and just laid in bed. I fell asepp at 8:30 but was up around 10:00... after that I was waking up at least twice an hour. I think come 2006 I'll be looking into finding a new doctor or visiting the FFC in philly... I have to get on something for the sleep at least and maybe something for the pain. I have the funneral on saturday plus I have to finish painting and cleaning the basement for new years...

My body feels like it's running on fumes and I'm trying to hide it from everyone at work and I actually worked over 40 hours by the end of today and have to come in for 2 hours or so sometime this wekend to seal the new kitchen floor!

Any suggestions on what to take OTC that will help with me get some sleep?? I've tried various OTC sleep meds with no help! Even on 2mg of Lunesta and a percocet I'm still not sleeping more than 4-5 hours.... As each day passes that I'm getting bad sleep the symptoms seem to be getting more severe.... Most of the day is a blurr to me and it feels like I'm constantly high as a kite....

Thanks everyone... I'll check in later as I'm on my way out to the field to do some calibrations at a nearby plant...

Chris
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I know the obvious would be grief, but I'm glad you mentioned the painting and stuff you are doing. I'm chemically sensitive and I know your symptoms well.

DON'T finish painting, DOUBLE DON'T SEAL THE FLOOR. Your house needs to outgas and if you dump more chemicals into it, you can add nausea, appetite loss, vomiting and headaches, if you don't have those already.

If you can, sleep somewhere else a few nights, I bet you'll feel and sleep much better when you get away from the fresh chemicals. Three deaths, plus the holidays, your body is under too much stress, ,and chemicals can add to it. You don't want this to become a permanent problem (like mine, it's a nightmare), there's a good chance you can turn it around if you ease your body burden now, please, please don't add to it.

Jeanne
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm only painting the walls... Latex paint and started half of it about 6 months ago then got sidetracked on other projects. I think alot of it has to do with the stress and sever lack of sleep. For 2 days now I've been fighting just to keep my eyes open!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. The fog is thick today in my head and I'm fighting to get it ou without any luck...

Oh yeah... I've tried every couch and sofa in my house and also tried sleeping at my parents too. Nothing seems to work.[This Message was Edited on 12/16/2005]