Just when I ws seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 5, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I had just started to feel like I might be going to feel good again and this flare was going away. So what did I do today? You guessed it < I have my youngest daughter adn her husband adn my 1year old grandson staaying iwth us this weekend and I had to clean the bedroom and make the bed. I have to get the rest of my home baby proofed as I have the human baby vacuum cleanner, he will pick up what ever is on the floor and put it in his mouth. YUM NOT!

I took it slowly today it took all day to clean the room and make the bed & do 3 loads of laundry. I took many rests today and thought that it was enough but I am wrong once more. I over did it really good and that was not so smart to do. I am now in as much pain as I had before I have cleaned up . I feel like i have been hit by a mack truck and flattened buy it & it just knee were just starting to feel like they could be normal but of course not this can't happen is not happening because I have not rested as much as I should have rested, But I chose not do . Well I can't think staright now so I must go to bed. I don't like this.

It is off bed now, hope that i can sleep. thank goodness that my doctors apiontmetn, Hugs TO ALL Rosemarie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you will need to have family next time help out more as a family....lower your stress for you...

jodie
  3. chickabee

chickabee New Member

Don't you just hate when you do that? I do the same thing. Feel a bit better and think I can do more and overdo it and pay for it afterwards.

Right now, I am trying to not overdo it as I have a baptism to go to next weekend, it's a 1 hr drive and 3 hrs in the church sitting and kneeling. I know I am going to be in pain afterwards, but can't miss this one.

Hope you get to feeling better Rosemarie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is like driving thru the mountains. At the end of the tunnel is another tunnel.

Speaking of childproofing, here's a Rodney Dangerfield quote:
    We childproofed our house. They got in anyway.
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

know something (?) I saw the light at the end of the tunnel once.....and it was a train!

Cfids and Fibro is also a opportune time to teach the kids to clean and cook......etc. Boys and girls both. Prepare them to go out on their own.......LOL
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

rosemarie:
    Isn't that always the way. I went through the same thing last week. I even posted about feeling good. Unfortuantely it did not last long. I am also in a flare again.
    This disease has a way of knocking the wind out of us.
    Feel better soon!

n.f.
  7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Been there; feel some better,do a lot of work,thought maybe I could catch up on some housework.
    Then kaboom,the next day,sometimes the same afternoon.It all comes back in stereo.
    So the light that was there.GOES OUT!!!
    Be gentle to your body,take care.
    Jordane
  8. Malteaser1955

Malteaser1955 New Member

Hi Rosemarie
    Really girls, well boys too, we need to simply admit to ourselves having crossed that line so many many times, there's nothing else for it - just chill out, make yourself beautiful using what energy you have and then sit there looking your absolute best! Let others help you, plan who will do what task, and then you can be a real person in the room instead of in bed in agony.
    I'm sitting here in a lovely negligee, with my laptop, and everything I need at my fingertips so I don't have to jump up and down every time the phone goes, TV remote, drinks, pills, diary, puzzle books, everything you can think of you might choose to use ....
    Who does the work if you're on your own? Well I am on my own since my husband left nearly 2-years ago, and I'm left with a son with Aspergers who does not help at all ... I rely on my very good neighbour who I pay 2-hours to clean every week, and many times she will help me dress if I'm struggling. She keeps me company frequently, and my life is in the home and on the internet, I contact friends on messenger, etc. At least you can look great on your webcam, without the effort of going out if you're feeling really bad:)) Even though I'm successfully pain free and much less tired through Electrolyte Therapy, I no longer do things just because I have more energy, just in case it breaks through what healing I have had so far.
    All the best Rita x SEE POST: Electrolyte Therapy