Just when it's bad..it gets worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawnt, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

This is just a note to pay attention to your body..and not assume everything is from this DD. I thought I was in a major flare, which is not unusal. I was feeling ill, but I always do. Then my temp started going up, but I thought it was just really warm outside (I'm in florida). By yesterday afternoon, I was in the convenient care with a major bacterial infection. I feel so dumb as to not recognize this. I'm sure this has been posted before as to not assume all symptoms are related to this DD, but I'm just mentioning it as a reminder, I could've ended up very sick if I didn't take care of this when I did.
    Dawn
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I am in North Florida? You anywhere near me? Check out my bio.
  3. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I live in south ft myers...no where near North Florida
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

You are so right! It is not always easy to differentiate between FM symptoms and possible infection and or other illnesses. Unfortunately many of us do not know when to get things checked by a doc. This happened to me on a few occasions. At the onset of this DD, I visited local clinics and or hospital ER's getting the various symptoms checked out. After a while, I gave up. Only when visiting doc for check up are infections picked up.

2girls