Just when you thought......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Hello to old and new friends.....I've been coming here for believe it or not, going on three years. Been inactive due to more medical hell, more so-called knowledge and unbelievable medical conflugration!

I noted some "titles" as I scrolled and several caught my eye. This series of syndromes and complications, treatment options or should I say symptom options together with more often than not, financial ruin, is to be believed!

More later. Love and prayers to my old and new comrades. CactusLil'
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good to see you back. I hope this means you are feeling better. How is your sweet little Will doing? I hope all is going well with you. We have missed you around here.

Love, Mikie
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Your consideration is an honor to your parents.

I wish I could say I was better but in some ways yes and others no. I have stabalized at 5mg. Pred. and there is a price to pay and I am paying it!

This diabetes bandwagon is a frightening path after being on steroids as long as I was; I am fighting infections in my C-section scar, a horridly ancient splinter that was rat-infested rammed between my lesser toe and the little toe and with peripherol neuropathy I did not feel the thing until one of my poods was licking my foot and tried to yank the thing out; then I sat up and my now long auburn hit the ceiling. I truly may be in trouble with this one. My doc has been too busy to see me unless I go early before he sees patients and you know that good old IBS won't go for that!

AND that isn't all....my lower mandible is having a problem no one should have to ever deal with. I lost a tooth which held one side of my partial plate. Now I am too old to get a denture overlay in all probability due to having to first have a bone graft to build the mandible up with strength for the titanium pins to "take"; diabetes once more. The thought of what happens next is too horrible to mention but I assume with your background you know what I am talking about. I go next Wens for a panoramic so these docs will cease if and and butting it! Pray something can be done!

Anyway my friend, that is where I have been...but hey, my liver is fine! Love CactusLil'
  4. Billie

Billie New Member

So good to see you posting again. I sure miss your posts when you are away. I am so sorry you are having such a time of it right now. I will be praying for you. Please, do let us know how you are faring.........Billie
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

You would not believe the ordeal I went through! I went up to this hillbilly hosp cold turkey as I was lied to and told that my pain meds, et al., would be given when the IV wqas hooked up!

First the anesthesist hit the ceiling because an echocardiogram had not been run (I have NORDS); then the sadists took me to the "X-Ray" to place a locator. Those people ripped and jagged me too pieces; no local, no nada! Cowboy Bob the surgeon comes down the hall cursing that they could not find the damn thing so he stuck that thing into my nipple! Next they took a route with a cannula where the cancer institute had gotten some breast wall tumors and that is when I said.....can I call this bitch off, which I did and got the heck out of dodge!
    Now dig this......I cannot take SSRI's because I have the rare reaction of Tardive's Dystonia/dyskinesia AND lo and behold he was fixing to inject me with thorazine to calm me down and had he done that I would permanately have this condition and would be drooling around, shuffling my feet in a sanitorium or left to wander in the shadows!

My breast has not been looked at since. No follow-up mammo, nada. No place but Texas! South Texas that is! Lil'
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

You won the prize!! I haven't laughed this hard in a while! Can you believe that! I swear I saw the Pearly Gates when he drove that thing up my nipple...when he still did not find "it" he mumbled something about scar tissue from the core biopsy I had visions of ramming that cannula up his you-know-what! Four hours my friend. When they wheeled me out (to dump me in the gravel pit) I was sobbing so loud by then you would have thought that big-mother was still in my nipple!

(They still hang IV's from nails in the wall!) Cactus;
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I wondered where you had been.... figured it was energy related.... sorry to hear thigns are not good there now.... I'm praying for you! I know what the dental things means and I live that at each and every appt.... Good luck!