Just whining....or maybe I should say venting loudly

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jinlee, Feb 24, 2007.

1. jinlee

jinlee Member

I am screaming for help from my doctors who don't seem to get the point.

I had bilateral shoulder surgeries and collarbone surgeries and two years later, still a 10 on the pain scale. My shoulder that hurt the lesser of the two, I fell on last week trying to catch the neighbor's little pipsqueak of a dog, actually two dogs. I caught one but the other knocked me right off my feet and I landed right on my shoulder.

I have only been able to sleep on that shoulder side as the rest of me hurts too bad to sleep on. So now it is back to the recliner with ice.

Flexeril quit working. I am getting no sleep.
    Being Sunday, can't see the doc and will probably take two weeks to get in to see him.

My financial situation is tapped out as I have had to quit work and hubby is only income.

I actually was thinking last night about ways to rob a pharmacy, not that I would really do that, but the pain is so intense for too many years. I just want to throw in
    the towel.

My family is tired of the whining I think, cause I know I am. I just can't seem to get satisfactory medical care. I live in a large city with a med school so one would think there would be some doc with a brain somewhere.

Just one more thing to spout off about. My husband knows how bad i hurt but he still invited his nephew to dinner.
    Now, I can't even stir with a spoon, shoulder is hurting so bad and arm is weak. The left side is not much better. It just hurts that he did not even ask me, as usual. I told him his nephew had better be a chef because I was not cooking. It just hurt my soul that he can't have any empathy for me right now. I do the laundry, etc., so it is not like I do nothing. The inconsideration just makes me so angry.

Well, life goes on unfortunately. It is kind of like a soap opera, "as the CFS and FM turns."

Oh yes, I could rant on and on for hours!
    But I won't put you through it!

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Sometimes venting helps. I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Rant all you need to ;-) We all understand.
  3. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

OK with me if you rant....as a matter of fact I might just join you LOL. My head has been hurting all day and my back was having this stabbing pain so I had to take my muscle relaxer that makes me sleep so....oldest daughter had to grocery shop for me and pick up her little sister and take her shopping for a dress outfit that she needed...well my oldest lost my debit card (eventually it was found by the way this is not the 1st time she has misplaced it...she is very messy!). And my husband just drives me crazy! So honey you just go ahead a rant, I understand...this disease is enough to handle without other things like your surgeries, dumb doctors and tight finances. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Oh,you ARE having some rough times. TWO shoulder surgeries!!
    Some advice maybe.. I worked for 11 yrs as a PT rehab technician and shoulder surgery is by far thee hardest rehab for patients. I feel for you. I would find some little bit of assertiveness somewhere in your poor body and get to... yes another doctor. I am sure you have been to much PT after your surgery. How about asking to go to a diff. Physical Therapy clinic, one out of the network of drs you had gone to and then get a good reference from one of those pts. The PTs are great references. They know the docs that know what they are doing! I have been away from that field for 9 yrs and really miss the convenient references. When I really get in a pickle of pain I do call one of them, they are great.
    Hope that helps, I will be thinking of you.
    Ginner
  5. revlcb

revlcb New Member

I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain. I too went through the shoulder and collarbone restructuring it sounds like you had. It's very painful and to think that you fell on that shoulder...OMG, the pain must have been unbearable you poor girl.

As for the hubby not thinking about bringing over the nephew for dinner... You've obviously been putting yourself and your pain aside and doing what you could throughout the house on a daily basis, instead of curling up in bed. He may think that what you're going through now is no different than before the fall. You worked even though you were hurting.

Hang in there Jinlee, or clunk the hubby on the head with that frying pan you're cooking dinner with.