Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anne354, Nov 21, 2002.

1. anne354

anne354 New Member

I notice when I overdo on carbs, my symptoms flare and I feel lousy. Is this something associated with our FM, or is it an independent thing? I'm ready to try the Atkin's thing...again...dump the sugar, etc. I'd appreciate any and all replies...thanks, all!!
  2. anne354

anne354 New Member

I notice when I overdo on carbs, my symptoms flare and I feel lousy. Is this something associated with our FM, or is it an independent thing? I'm ready to try the Atkin's thing...again...dump the sugar, etc. I'd appreciate any and all replies...thanks, all!!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have such a problem just making myself eat, that I really can't help here.

The board has been fast, then slow, and your post went to the back page too fast to get any answers, so I am just writing to boost it back to page one for you.

Oh yes, I will go into a flare if I eat coconut, anykind, also if I drink way too much tea! Four cups a day is fine, but if I exceed that amount I get terrible pain.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Are you talking about simple carbs here? Sugar, white flour, etc. Those do make my symptoms flare badly. I think you will find that is true for many on this board.

If you are ready to try Atkins, why not take a look at Suzanne Somers? It is a very similar plan but easier to follow - i.e. you can have fruit, but only at certain times.

Looking back over my 10 yrs of CFS/FM, I think I felt best when I stayed away from gluten entirely. If lowering the carbs and eliminating the simple carbs does not make you feel any better, you might want to check into trying to go gluten free for the better part of your diet. It would not be that hard if you are already doing Atkins or SS.

Good luck and welcome to the board. Pepper
  5. anne354

anne354 New Member

I really appreciate your quick reply to my post, and...guess what? I started the Suzanne Somers diet today!! Connected to that website and got the info I need, so...here I go. Hopefully it will help...it sounds a little more liveable that Atkins, with the fruit and all, so I think I'll have an easier time sticking to it. Thanks, Pepper!!