(Justlooking) This is for you!!!!!**********

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgangel, Jan 13, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I just read your comments in my post and you are absolutely right, there does not seem to be just one thing that links all FM , CFS or other chronic illness people together.

We will probably also always search for something some reason why we have these diseases, just because it is so hard to not have an answer, we are used to getting an answer for anything else when we go to the doctor that is part of what is so frustrating about this disease. Everyone has their opinion on what the cause is and they try to treat it from there, but that is not always right for everyone.

I just want you to know too, that I in no way think that abuse or trauma are the cause, just that like stress it can wear your body down and your immune system. It may be one way , but not by far the only way that a Chronic Disease can inhabit your life

Thanks for being so sweet for looking for answers andyour words of wisdom

kgangel
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2006]
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Thanks for the nice words.

I've been on this board for a long time and I hate to see people feel bad, feel attacked or feel ganged up on. I know that most people don't intend to offend someone when they post their opinion or ask questions but sometimes people can be sensitive to certain topics.

I just wanted you to know that as a person who hadn't suffered abuse that I was no way interpreting your question to suggest that was a cause of FM or CFS.

I believe we all frequently misinterpret others writing because we can't hear or see what's behind it (ie facial expression, tone). I think we all need to be less sensitive to what others say and more sensitive to what we say to others... If we all did that we'd probably have less tension, miscommunications and disagreements on this board. Again just my 2cents.

Sincerely
    JL

Ps I saw another post you wrote recently apologizing for offending someone, so I know something must have hurt your feelings. I'm sorry someone made you feel bad and I hope it will get worked out.
    BTW I read your profile and it seems like you are a very caring and sweet person. You can tell so much about a person by what they do in/with their lives. Having 2 severely autistic nephews and a family member who runs a school and house for developmentally disabled children, I know it takes a very special and sincere person to work with children with special needs. I say GOD BLESS YOU!!![This Message was Edited on 01/13/2006]