kadian verses ms cotin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NewEnglander, Feb 8, 2010.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I was on 6o miligrams of kadian over a year ago and it saved my life,
    but the doctor that replaced my doc decideded I didn't need any pain medications.
    so I had to go to a methadone clinic just to keep from pain.
    now I'm just recently started treatment with a pain doctor
    he put me on 60 miligrams of ms cotin (insurance no longer covers kadian)
    and I didn't get the same effect. the pain is not under control.
    I don't get it, there both the same miligrams
    is kadian stronger then ms cotin or because the 60 miligrams are not the same strength as the kadian was at that dose.
    now I am on 90 miligrams and it doesn't help me like the kadian did,
    anyone know??
    thaks in advance
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

hi Lisa nice to see you back. Have wondered how you were,after the methadone nightmare.

I don't know what kadian is. could you explain? Meds are so hard for us. My nerve pain seems to have shot up and am trying to figure out what works as lortab works then doesnt,or have to take more.

would a muscle relaxer help also?

sorry couldnt give more help
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Yes I'm finally free from that methadone nightmare and no longer have to go that clinic everyday. that was so horrible.
    but my father passed away at the same time so not much happyness there.

kadian is a form of morphine, I did really good on that but its not covered by insurance. however I just lost my masshealth so that might not be an issue.
    when I was on the kadian
    all I needed was 60 miligrams and I was completely pain free

but now I'm an on the ms cotin also morphine and I'm on 120 miligrams, i was just wondering why I need more miligrams.

I know its confusing, but I'm so fatigued right now, I don't think I'm comminicating well

take care
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Milligrams are different with meds. Like ms contin 120 mills could be the same as 60 of kadian.

I'm so glad things worked out with the meds. Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine 2 yrs ago.

I used to live in Mass. A little town called Duxbury. I loved it back there. Hard winters tho,so I hope your doing ok with that.

Don't worry about communicating well,sometimes I feel like I'm speaking martian!