kadiwill / Mobic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Milo83, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I saw where you responded to my ultracet/ultram topic..Now I have another question because you mentioned Mobic..I had started with Celebrex several years ago, and it really did nothing for me, then about 2 years ago, I was switched to Vioxx, well it worked a lot better than the celebrex..At my last rheumy appt. in July, he took me off the Vioxx and put me on Mobic..He said it would give me about the same relief as Vioxx..And yes it does..It doesn't make me feel great, but if I wouldn't take it, I would defintely see a difference..He never gave an explanation as to why the Mobic instead of the Vioxx (which I tolerated well)..And you know how it is when you go to a dr. you have so many questions and then when they hit you with something new, you just don't think to ask all kinds of questions..I just thought he took me off the Vioxx because of all the bad press news it's been getting..
    Anyway, how do you like the Mobic..Have you taken any others besides Mobic in the past..I had posted this question here back in July, but really no one ever heard of Mobic..I was told it was an older drug..When I mentioned it to one of my other drs. they said they never heard of it and thought it must be new..Rhuemy did say that Vioxx makes you retain water more..Just was wondering how you do on the Mobic........Thanks...Take Care........Donna
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I saw where you responded to my ultracet/ultram topic..Now I have another question because you mentioned Mobic..I had started with Celebrex several years ago, and it really did nothing for me, then about 2 years ago, I was switched to Vioxx, well it worked a lot better than the celebrex..At my last rheumy appt. in July, he took me off the Vioxx and put me on Mobic..He said it would give me about the same relief as Vioxx..And yes it does..It doesn't make me feel great, but if I wouldn't take it, I would defintely see a difference..He never gave an explanation as to why the Mobic instead of the Vioxx (which I tolerated well)..And you know how it is when you go to a dr. you have so many questions and then when they hit you with something new, you just don't think to ask all kinds of questions..I just thought he took me off the Vioxx because of all the bad press news it's been getting..
    Anyway, how do you like the Mobic..Have you taken any others besides Mobic in the past..I had posted this question here back in July, but really no one ever heard of Mobic..I was told it was an older drug..When I mentioned it to one of my other drs. they said they never heard of it and thought it must be new..Rhuemy did say that Vioxx makes you retain water more..Just was wondering how you do on the Mobic........Thanks...Take Care........Donna
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Our local docs are taking some of our patients off of Vioxx due to some kind of serious adverse effects, but since it never helped me and I just never took anymore, I tuned out and never heard what the effects are. It's strange that your doc said that Vioxx and Mobic were about the same. Mobic helps me somebut Vioxx didn't. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I do know that the Ultram is my best friend!!!
    Be well...if I hear more and can remember to ask the docs at work about this, I will!
    To a painfree existence!
    Kady