Kalaya .....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elsa, Oct 25, 2005.

1. elsa

elsa New Member

Thanks for responding to my post on Moderator's and ProHealth Admin. roles on the board. It was an interesting point of view and I appreciate the time it took for you to write.

Semi-finals of National Tennis Championship is very impressive ..... And might require some temporary mourning for it's CFS induced absence.

I say temporary because no one really knows what causes it and what the future may bring in regards to CFS.

When looking back over the last few years I can see a pattern of beginning to struggle, then knowing I was struggling but pushing on no matter what ... to finally saying I can't ....BUT, only it's only temporary.

I think I had to get all the way wiped out before I said enough, I've got to get to the bottom of this, so I can come back strong again. That was two years ago.

I have been very busy treating and "fixing" what I can and learning to live with the rest. I really believe I'll be back in the ring ( not full strength at first ) some next year.

I understand what you mean about the mind/body relation while competing ... I think that was the first symptom to really register with me. How did I loose the ability to focus and master the subtle mind to hand movements? I started making mistakes that I hadn't done since I was a beginner.

I think one with CFS/FM gets worse before they start improving. With me, I finally pushed myself so far that I didn't really have a choice. Something had to give ... I had to get some answers.

Treat for viruses, fix the sleep disorder, balance the hormones and supplement the nutrients commonly missing in CFS/FM patients. I'm almost there.

I work away from horses too. A very physical, up beat, nonstop environment. Today was a 12 hour day and then I met my husband for a "fake" beer before coming home. Couldn't do that 8 months ago.

I think you and I may have pushed way beyond what we should have, but as atheletes, we're taught to keep going. Any sports person will tell you about pain, sorness that doesn't go away.

I truly thought my fibro pain was related to my age and how long I had been riding ... catching up with me. Wrong!

I thank you for this interesting thought. I handn't really considered the ramifications that deeply. All I thought about was getting better.

Interestingly, I don't want back "what I had". Don't get me wrong, I still want to win ... I would still like to qualify for certain shows .. 4 of which only accept top rankings points wise in their respective divisions.

But ... I don't want to compete in those shows anymore. They can be a pain preparing for and showing in ... I just do have the burning desire for those shows any more.

Gotta have the bragging rights of qualifying ... but let someone else deal with the actually showing there.

I have been very fotunate to have qualified and competed in these shows in the past .... CFS/FM, or not ... I don't want to put the effort out for them now. Must be an age thing!!

I hope you are doing well. I started this post early this morning, but just wasn't able to finish it before work. Kinda weird to have a 14 hour post writing time attributed to this. LOL

Take care,

Elsa

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member