kalina and everyone - Doc stopped ABX therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crissyfamily, Sep 5, 2003.

1. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

Doc won't let our family continue ABX therapy....said my children are not ill that we are just making them think they are ill and we are transposing our symptoms onto them and making them feel ill......

yeah right...

also, no more levaquin for us.....and when we asked her if girls were ill how were they going to get better she said their immune systems would take care of them....well it has been 1+ years......also boyfriends now ill....

asked doc if we would not just get ill back from them and she said "you are on transfer factor right?" husband said yes and then she said we won't get ill....well, we are still ill, all symptoms are not gone.....

well so much for any progress we were making....down the drain.....

guess this is why no one ever gets better...because of the docs.....

well, depressing day........bye

crissy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

How upsetting and depressing for you, my heart goes out to you all.

I've never used ABx, not much chance of getting them long term in the UK anyway, but many of us have been using herbal alternatives so perhaps they can continue with the job the ABx started.

When my son became ill at 14 many doctors were too dismissive about some of the subsequent serious health problems/infections because they believed he was copy catting. Having seen how much we loose, and that there is nothing to gain, I can hardly see any of our kids doing that. One teacher at his school told the staff she knew us and insisted my son was ony ill because I too was transposing my symptoms into him. So I know how you must be feeling right now.

Comforting hugs from across the big pond.

Tansy

3. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

Hi Michele:

no, spent that much on all the different docs and mayo that we went to....

have spent a lot on her though....probably $20,000....

thanks for your thoughts and for caring.....my husband and I are talking about our options...not many though!!!

take care

crissy
  4. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

hi tansy....

yeah, pretty depressing to think that we can make our 17 and 20 year old daughters think they were ill....we are always having to force them to tell us their symptoms because compared to ours they are mild......

can't believe anyone would think we would want our kids to be ill with us and that we would want to put them on medicine just for the heck of it...

well, we have been on herbs since last november and that is what we started with and they only helped our IBS...but it will take some serious abx to clear up c. pneumoniae from what I have read. But husband feels really great after 2 weeks on levaquin and thinks that it is still dying off even though he has been off of it for 1 week now....and I feel a lot better and finished my 2 week course yesterday, but i still have the neuropathy (but better) and the ringing ears and the tremors (but better)...but feel at least 70% better....so we think this is the answer for our family...

by the way, i read an article on the internet last night that says they think that this little critter is the cause of ms, cfids, fms and rheumatoid arthritis and it is rather an obscure bacteria, but they are beginning to think it can do great damage...the article says they see an increase in wellness and even a reversal of cfids when given the right antiobotics for long term. the only problem they said is that not all cfids is caused by c.pneumoniae so everyone might not get well with abx....(said something pretty close to that)....actually i think it came thru immunesupport library and a Dr. Stratton wrote it....I just typed in c.pneumoniae...he is from some university.

thanks for your support and I wish you and yours better health.....soft hugs to you also.....

take care
    crissy

[This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]

[ advertisement ]