Kansas is New to Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoninKansas, Sep 10, 2002.

1. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Hello,
    This hay seed is new to this board. I have been diagnois with FM and Rhemumatoid/Osteo Arthritis. I have seen an internist, neurologist, I've had accupuncture,physical therapy, and now I have an appt. with FM/Rhemumatoid doctor in October. I don't know how long I have had this because I had polio in 1952 and many of my symstoms feel the same. The doctors doesn't think that I have Post Polio Syndrome but a full blown case of FM.
    I filed for SSD in Jan 2002 and was denied in June, I appealed within 60 days in Aug. more paper work, and haven't heard from them since. I'm debating whether to get an attorney or not. What do you think? My days are all the same pain, headaches, confused, swelling of hands and feet, dizziness, sweats, numbness, insomnia, more pain in legs that causes leg cramps and them jumping, falling because I lost control and more medication for the pain. Is there more to life than medication, and more medication for this??????
    It can sure be depressing at times. All of the sudden my blood pressure goes out of site and now more medicine.
    This message board has helped me. I know now that there are others like me and I'm not crazy. Please email me I need your comforting words of there is a tomorrow.

qnscastl@aol.com
    Joni
  2. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Hello,
    This hay seed is new to this board. I have been diagnois with FM and Rhemumatoid/Osteo Arthritis. I have seen an internist, neurologist, I've had accupuncture,physical therapy, and now I have an appt. with FM/Rhemumatoid doctor in October. I don't know how long I have had this because I had polio in 1952 and many of my symstoms feel the same. The doctors doesn't think that I have Post Polio Syndrome but a full blown case of FM.
    I filed for SSD in Jan 2002 and was denied in June, I appealed within 60 days in Aug. more paper work, and haven't heard from them since. I'm debating whether to get an attorney or not. What do you think? My days are all the same pain, headaches, confused, swelling of hands and feet, dizziness, sweats, numbness, insomnia, more pain in legs that causes leg cramps and them jumping, falling because I lost control and more medication for the pain. Is there more to life than medication, and more medication for this??????
    It can sure be depressing at times. All of the sudden my blood pressure goes out of site and now more medicine.
    This message board has helped me. I know now that there are others like me and I'm not crazy. Please email me I need your comforting words of there is a tomorrow.

qnscastl@aol.com
    Joni
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Joni, welcome to the board. Sorry you are having so many problems.

For one thing, you sure are not crazy! Even if we are told this on a daily basis by some professionals!

Your symptoms sure sound like FM or CFS. But I am sure the doctors will get it straighten out for you, hopefully soon.

As for that SSD, from what I read here, a lawyer is your best way of proceeding with the claim.

Again, welcome to our world, will be looking forward to hearing more from you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Thank you for the kind words. If feels soooo nice that someone cares. Today has been a rough day for me with the FM and the blues on top of it. Its hard for me to type so be patient with the replies.
    I have high hopes with this new doctor that I'll see in October. I just hope that he is a good one. Tell me alittle about yourself.

Joni
  5. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

This is a fine board with a great deal of excellent information. Lots of friendly people who are always ready to listen. Hope that you are feeling better soon, and that your doctor appointments are successful. Kathy
  6. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Welcome to the board. You'll find so many caring and kind people here. We're all in the same boat. I was recently diagnosed with CFS and FM this spring. Management at my job kindly told me they could no longer accomodate me, so I went out on disability retirement from them. Haven't heard anything yet, but I sure hope I'm approved, or we'll loose everything we've worked so hard for. In order to file for retirement disability thru work, it was mandatory I file with SSA. Did that last month and mailed in the last (I hope!) of their forms today. I hear it's almost a given to be denied the first time, then get a lawyer to appeal. It's not money out of our pocket. There is a law set on how much of your backpay the lawyer can take. Someone else may know what that is. I'm not sure if it depends on what state you're in. I'm in Florida and my SSDI claim is being evaluated in Tampa, which is only about 45 minutes N. of me. So I'm glad it didn't have to go out of state, as that might've slowed it down. It's true there are so many meds the docs give us. A lot of people here do the natural healing. I hope your new rhuemy is a good doc for you. Sorry to ramble, but welcome again and I look forward to seeing you on the board.

Regina :)
  7. Deana

Deana Guest

Hello,
    I too am from Kansas (kck)and have FMS and all the other other little things (not so little)
    Welcome and where in Ks are you?
    I applied in 2000 for SSD and am still awaiting a hearing from judge.
    Hope to talk again soon
    Deana
  8. ggks

ggks New Member

Welcome Kansas. I live in Garden City. Home of the World's largest swimming pool, world's largest hair ball, and the world's largest beef packing plant (IBP). I have had FM for 10 years. ggks
  9. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

So sorry you're in pain, but you've come to a great place to learn & get support. I also got a lot of hope from people that have been able to improve since coming here.

I used to have leg cramps, pins & needles, twitching & restless legs. I was just dx'd in late July. Since I've been taking a complete vit/min/herb supplement, and Klonopin (low dose) at night for my restless legs, the pins/needles have stopped almost completely & the leg cramps don't come as often or as strong as they used to. I think it's the magnesium in the supp. that's doing it for me. Found out from here we're deficient in many vits/min.

So there's hope. Best wishes & keep us posted on how you're doing. Michele