Karen: Question on Electrolyte Drink

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Feb 7, 2007.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Karen:
    You mentioned you drink the elec. stamina 2-3 times per day Question: Is that 3 packs? I Just ordered 4 boxes $7.99 ea.

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Yes, 3 little packets per day, sometimes 2. It depends on how "thirsty" for it I feel. Lately I've been a bit more active and I'm up to 3. It was 2 for the longest time.

In fact, now that you mention it, I'm ready for #3 right now!

best wishes,

karen
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

So with my "Green Alive drink" which covers many minerals and enzymes and MSM powder and now adding the Electrolyte drink, I'm going to be waterlogged!! ha. Anyway, don't you think that is a good combination of everything?

I'm sleeping much better since the estrogen/progesterone addition. My hormones were very low. By the way I had blood work done last month and my white blood count has come up, TSH which was so low has also come up. However my FSH is high (menopause). I was having bad night sweats. Waking up every hour. Now they are gone.

Thanks for your help
    P.S. I've been looking at St. Pete's Beach in Florida to bring my son. Have you been there?
    Cindy
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Yes, great combo, I'm taking all those and more. The drink says to put it in 4-6 oz of water but I put it in a big glass and sip it. It might sit next to me for an hour before I finish it.

Isn't it wild what just a few nutrients can do? It's a shame doctors won't even suggest them.

Congrats with the successful hormones! That must be SOME relief. I'm really glad to hear it. Menopause really sounds like a mixed blessing but right now, I'd take it. The pain really kills me.

I have passed by St. Pete a hundred times but never really spent any time there. And just a little in Tampa. God, that was years ago. Am I really over 40 already??? Wow, time just left me at the station. You can't beat the FL weather if you're ill, though. Hope you have fun!

best wishes,

karen
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Karen,

Could you please tell me alittle bit about what this drink has done for you? I am curious. I know what electro-lytes are obviously. I know they are in Gator-ade power drinks of that nature, but I'd love to hear more. Im not going through menopause or anything (thank goodness), but am interested in learning about new things.

thanks,

your friend,
    fun

P.S.-I have been to FL & I really liked Clearwater Beach.
  6. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Karen,

Could you please tell me alittle bit about what this drink has done for you? I am curious. I know what electro-lytes are obviously. I know they are in Gator-ade power drinks of that nature, but I'd love to hear more. Im not going through menopause or anything (thank goodness), but am interested in learning about new things.

thanks,

your friend,
    fun

P.S.-I have been to FL & I really liked Clearwater Beach.
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

Dr. Cheney believes cfs patients have a heart problem, stemming from low blood volume, that causes the heart to pump less blood. Part of the solution is to increase preload and reduce afterload. That means increasing the blood going into the heart. One way is to drink an electrolyte solution.

And you also have to reduce afterload, which he recommends you do by taking magnesium. Either glycinate or injected.

This is the article by Cheney that explained my heart palps and my feeling like I had less oxygen than I should have:

http://cheneyoncfids.blogspot.com/2006/05/cardiomyopathy.html

And since they are just basic nutrition we all need, electrolytes have helped me overall. They are a basic part of my recovery process, along with lots of other supplements.

They have had a hand in increasing my blood pressure, I believe, which would get really low at night and scare the heck out of me. I can tell if I forget to take them: I have a bad night.

best wishes,

karen