Karen, Sandy, and Cindy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 18, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Thank you so much for all your kind words. They really mean alot to me. I'm still at the point were all I want to do is cry, but,I'm trying.

Sandy, how did you cope? Did you just let your stepdaughter do as she pleased? Did you get support from her dad? I need all the details!

Cindy, I know where 249 is, but after that, you lost me. I so very terrible at directions, that sometimes it EVEN scares me! You do know that if I DO find you, I WILL show up! I need a hidey hole right now.

Karen, there's not much problem with me jumping! The fridge isn't cleaned off, and I'm so short, I would have a hard time climbing! But, the thought is good, huh?! =)

Hugs to the three of you. Thank you.
    Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Thank you so much for all your kind words. They really mean alot to me. I'm still at the point were all I want to do is cry, but,I'm trying.

Sandy, how did you cope? Did you just let your stepdaughter do as she pleased? Did you get support from her dad? I need all the details!

Cindy, I know where 249 is, but after that, you lost me. I so very terrible at directions, that sometimes it EVEN scares me! You do know that if I DO find you, I WILL show up! I need a hidey hole right now.

Karen, there's not much problem with me jumping! The fridge isn't cleaned off, and I'm so short, I would have a hard time climbing! But, the thought is good, huh?! =)

Hugs to the three of you. Thank you.
    Kathy
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Do you know where Willowbrook Mall is? I am just north of the mall going towards Tomball. Seriously if you want to get together I'm game.
    Just email me.

Cindy
    cpalance@houston.rr.com
  4. marinemom

marinemom New Member

bumping this up so everybody can read my thankyous.

You are truely wonderful people.

Kathy
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Hi Kathy,
    I hope things go better for you this week. How long have you had fibro? I`ve had it 15 years. I`m taking Ultram and Bextra rigth now and finally getting some relief so I can function again.
    With my stepdaughter, it was a constent struggle the first two years. My husband wanted to give her way and be the cool, favored parent and let her party and run all she wanted. I finally just had to give up the fight. I was just worn out. I just backed off and let him deal with her
    as he so fit. I realizedit was his job to make her into a decent person not mine. And once I wouldn`t be the bad guy anymore and tell her no, guess what, he had to do it.

Then he finally started setting some boundries for her. No, he didn`t clamp down on everything I would have but he was finally being the parent and making some rules for her.
    Its harder in your case because your husband is gone so much, I know. But it isn`t fair for him to dump this kid on you. He brought this child into this world, not you.
    Just give the child lots of love, be there for him but
    when your husband around take a rest, and let him deal with the boy. Also, take some breaks from both of them. Go visit some friends or relatives for a few days and rest and replenish herself. They`ll realize all you do and maybe appreciate you alot more when you come back.
    Its not easy, but your family is worth it. Your a doll and they are both so lucky to have you!!
  6. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Thank you for your info. My cousin back home told me the same thing. I wish I could go visit my family for a while but I'm in Houston and they are in NC, so that's NOT possible at this time.

Cindy, however,did offer one of her closets for me to hide in for a while! =) It seems that she doesn't live too far away from me! I am really considering taking her up on it!

Hugs
    Kathy