(((((Katemac)))) Landon Re your illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

How are you today. I worried last night about this. Hope you got to docs today. Post how you are.

Love Anne C
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello!

I just got back from the doctor and she thinks it is my Gall Bladder. I go in for an ultrasound and a Hida (sp) test next Tuesday.

The ultrasound will test for Gallstones and the Hida tests my gall bladder function.

She gave me a prescription to help with the diarrhea and ordered more fluids. She says I am a little dehydrated but if I get worse before my appointment to come back.

So far all I have had is half a piece of toast and that is making me seriously sick. UGH!

Thank you so much for all your input, advice and concern!!! I really appreciate you!

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

kate

P.S. This is unrelated but she also talked to me about getting a cat scan and going to a neurologist to get tested for MS. This will be done after we figure out what is going on with my stomach.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Good for going plus the poster who said she had gall stones after birthing at 17....WOW.

Good Luck, this is all you need. Now do not get all het up re MS I have had that suggested more times than I care to recall.

Love and kisses to you landon
    Anne C
  4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Honey you aren't butting in at all! Promise!

I didn't get a chance to reply back to you on your second post yesterday and I want you to know that I really appreciate all your support and concern!!!!

It means a lot to me what you said!!!!!!! I have this hero complex and I feel like I NEED to be superwoman and when I'm not I beat myself up really bad!

You asked about my moods...well I have been extremely weepy. The crazy ride my hormones are taking, being sick SINCE I have had Landon (with several issues) and being sleep depirved, well things are really overwhelming right now.

Actually I AM depressed. I had such high hopes to breastfeed and it didn't work out. I tried and tried and just worked really hard at doing it but it didn't work out. I feel like a failure.

See I am beating myself up again but I can't help it.

Landon was having trouble latching due to being bottle fed in NICU and I was put on a hormone med to help with the endometriosis and overall health which made my milk dry up.

In all honestly it is completely devastating to me to not be breastfeeding. I had dreams of being this great mom who was going to breastfeed her child and now look at us. My baby stinks like nasty formula and isn't getting good nutrition from his mother!!!

Okay I need to stop because I am just upsetting myself.

It isn't just the breastfeeding though that is getting to me. I know this sounds really weird but I don't feel like myself at all, I mean body wise. I look in the mirror and I can't stand who I see. I look completely different and ugly, gross and fat with stretch marks and a squishy belly. I feel the ugliest I have ever felt in my life and so unfeminine!

Okay enough I don't need to bog you down with my stupid crap! There are so many people on here with REAL problems!

I do want to tell you that I have an appointment with a therapist next week to talk about some of these things. When I called to make the appointment I specified that it was a postpartum issue so they know that going in.

Well I hope you are having a good day and sorry if I depressed you with my crap!!!

I need a nap!

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

kate

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Rosie butting in now.

It's natural to be down after having a baby and you've been through so much.

As for breastfeeding, well you tried. I was able to breast feed my daughter for 1 month and my son for 1 week, it didnt work out for me either.

Dont beat yourself up about it, Landon will thrive on formula just the same.

If you continue to be down then I agree with Vilke talk to your doctor but all your hormones have to get back in place, it's been a big journey for your body and it takes it toll. Your body is exhausted too.

You will get your body back dont worry, it takes time. Dont think of all those superstars who have tummy tucks with their caesarians, thats why they get thin so quick.

You're a wonderful Mother to even be upset that you cant breastfeed, Landon is a very lucky boy.

love
    Rosie

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hon,

You can be pretty sure that if we see a post about you, many of us will be "butting in".

First of all, let me tell ya that NOT breast feeding does not make you a bad Mommy. My son wouldn't latch on although I tried and tried and tried...

Since he's 24 now I can assure you he's made up for lost time and is now a typical "booby lover" just like all the guys!!! (That was meant to make ya giggle)

And....breast feeding hurts!! Geez, the damage those sweet little babies can do to a nipple is amazing. I remember finally getting a shower, drying off and watching my boob squirt all the way across the bathroom....Yikes...no thanks.

We're all concerned about your depression issues and hope you'll tell your doc about them.

Please remember that some of what you're feeling is perfectly normal. Your body will go back to what it once was....and remember that every squishy part nourished that baby and brought him to life.

Try to sit yourself down and relax....tell yourself that you are an amazing and incredible woman (that's from me) and that you'll do everything within your power to help raise this child to be a decent, loving and compassionate indivdual. That's all you can do.

You will make mistakes as we all do....just love him and do the best you can. That's all anyone can ask of themselves.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Stop beating yourself up will you? Many mothers find this impossible and Landon will do fine. You can always get advise from La Leche league as when this happened to me, due to Danny being in incubator, they were able to restimulate my milk when he was five weeks old and then I was rested, well, and all went fine. It does not matter either way.

Take it from an old 'un, The stretch marks and squishy WILL fade, and you will take on a new appearance before too long. Stop looking at it all in the mirror, it will be a passing dream by summer.

The main thing is right now that you seem to be a bit down. This is normal when you have been on such a high during the pregnancy-I must say you were particularly thrilled, so big change there.

If the feeling of feeling a bit low continues, then please speak to a doctor about it, as hormone changes can precipitate baby blues which can get serious. I think in your case, you may be fatigued from all the stress wiht the birth, then not feeling well now, plus your DD.

In olden days(when I had two of mine) we were kept in hospital with our babies on bed rest for two weeks-only walking about the wards, fed great diets, waited on hand and foot. Already you are out chopping and such. Between the two, there is a happy medium called, Rest, enjoy being a new mom, and stop bothering with all life's little details

All this will pass dear one, just pat yourself on the back for being such a great mom, which it is clear you are.

Hugz from

Anne C