Kathyrere Hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Oct 12, 2002.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'll try to explain the best I can, I will have to edit this a lot because I got kicked off once already, so I'll type, post and then add to it, hope that works.

Ok The Trigger Point that cause's me the most trouble is called SCM (sternocleidomastoid muscle group, and what set's them off is the Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative disc disease I have. When the neck hurts it causes the SCM's to refer pain to other area's, like my ear, sinsus, I get headaches. Back in Dec of 2000, I went out in the fog and I didn't wear a hat, or a warm coat, I got so chilled that the muscles tighten up, and I ended up with a Plugged up ear for almost 2 months.

I have also gone through a big change in my life, my Hubby has finally moved here, and that has caused me Stress, so the muscles in my back, where I carry my stress, are tightening up, plus I'm in a stage of the beginnings of a Flare, I can tell the signs now, I keep a Journal of these changes and what is happeing when they occur.

My co-exisiting conditions add to the problem, if my IBS acts up it set's off the fun TrPs called McBurney's Point, so I try not to upset the apple cart when it comes to the IBS. I truly think that one this is the biggest problem I have, and I miss having Massage Therphay, that helped me the most, I also do Range of motion and stretching excerises to help keep the blood flowing to the muscles, so they don't starve for Oxygen, which set's off Pain.

Then add in the FMS, which to me is my Brain yelling, I've Had Enough PAIN. It's a Pain ampafacation syndrome, which to me means it cause's an exisiting Pain from another condition to Hurt More.
    Now thoes are just my views, based on what I have read through the research I have been doing for the last 3 years.
    Others find their own answer's and what works for them, mainly because we are different, even through we may have a lot of the Same Symptoms.

Sometimes I think it's different cause's for folks that can cause the same pain, like for instance, I can be Happy about something, and someone else can be going through bad time, we can both have pain caused by these events.
    I can go into to a flare when things are going well for me just as I can go into a flare by the Stress around me.

So I try to treat the MPS TrPs, but sometimes Life just set's them off anyway, like falling off a porch, or like last year when I fell INTO my carTrunk, I was leaning over and lost my balance and when I fell I hit my elbow on the outside of the Funnybone, it hurt like heck, and swelled to a huge lump, the Dr. called it a Hemotoma, (SP?)
    I had that Gooseegg for 2 months.

You said you had a book on Trigger Point's? I hope it helps you, I was so Blessed to find Dr. Starlanyl's "Survival Manual, and also her website, it's a great place to get information on MPS. Just type in her name in a search engine and there are a lot of sites that carry her information.

I hope I answered your question, if not please read Dr. Starlanyl's website, to me it has the easiest information to read. I don't agree with everything she says about treatment's, but mainly because of my Weird reactions to meds and foods, etc.

I also have Neuropathy, and it causes me to drop things becausse I can't feel things with my hands, I think I have a hold of something and I don't. That is caused by the nerves being stretched during the operation on my neck at the C7 section. They also tore my Rotator cuff because they had me positioned wrong. I was undx with the MPS and they had too much weight on the right side and the cuff tore, Big Time, I have limited use of the arm.
    Well thats enough about me, probably told you Way More than you wanted to know, ;o>
    Maybe you could post some of your experiences with MPS/FMS I would like to know more about how it effects others too.

Hope you are having a pain free day.
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2002]
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'll try to explain the best I can, I will have to edit this a lot because I got kicked off once already, so I'll type, post and then add to it, hope that works.

Ok The Trigger Point that cause's me the most trouble is called SCM (sternocleidomastoid muscle group, and what set's them off is the Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative disc disease I have. When the neck hurts it causes the SCM's to refer pain to other area's, like my ear, sinsus, I get headaches. Back in Dec of 2000, I went out in the fog and I didn't wear a hat, or a warm coat, I got so chilled that the muscles tighten up, and I ended up with a Plugged up ear for almost 2 months.

I have also gone through a big change in my life, my Hubby has finally moved here, and that has caused me Stress, so the muscles in my back, where I carry my stress, are tightening up, plus I'm in a stage of the beginnings of a Flare, I can tell the signs now, I keep a Journal of these changes and what is happeing when they occur.

My co-exisiting conditions add to the problem, if my IBS acts up it set's off the fun TrPs called McBurney's Point, so I try not to upset the apple cart when it comes to the IBS. I truly think that one this is the biggest problem I have, and I miss having Massage Therphay, that helped me the most, I also do Range of motion and stretching excerises to help keep the blood flowing to the muscles, so they don't starve for Oxygen, which set's off Pain.

Then add in the FMS, which to me is my Brain yelling, I've Had Enough PAIN. It's a Pain ampafacation syndrome, which to me means it cause's an exisiting Pain from another condition to Hurt More.
    Now thoes are just my views, based on what I have read through the research I have been doing for the last 3 years.
    Others find their own answer's and what works for them, mainly because we are different, even through we may have a lot of the Same Symptoms.

Sometimes I think it's different cause's for folks that can cause the same pain, like for instance, I can be Happy about something, and someone else can be going through bad time, we can both have pain caused by these events.
    I can go into to a flare when things are going well for me just as I can go into a flare by the Stress around me.

So I try to treat the MPS TrPs, but sometimes Life just set's them off anyway, like falling off a porch, or like last year when I fell INTO my carTrunk, I was leaning over and lost my balance and when I fell I hit my elbow on the outside of the Funnybone, it hurt like heck, and swelled to a huge lump, the Dr. called it a Hemotoma, (SP?)
    I had that Gooseegg for 2 months.

You said you had a book on Trigger Point's? I hope it helps you, I was so Blessed to find Dr. Starlanyl's "Survival Manual, and also her website, it's a great place to get information on MPS. Just type in her name in a search engine and there are a lot of sites that carry her information.

I hope I answered your question, if not please read Dr. Starlanyl's website, to me it has the easiest information to read. I don't agree with everything she says about treatment's, but mainly because of my Weird reactions to meds and foods, etc.

I also have Neuropathy, and it causes me to drop things becausse I can't feel things with my hands, I think I have a hold of something and I don't. That is caused by the nerves being stretched during the operation on my neck at the C7 section. They also tore my Rotator cuff because they had me positioned wrong. I was undx with the MPS and they had too much weight on the right side and the cuff tore, Big Time, I have limited use of the arm.
    Well thats enough about me, probably told you Way More than you wanted to know, ;o>
    Maybe you could post some of your experiences with MPS/FMS I would like to know more about how it effects others too.

Hope you are having a pain free day.
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It fell to the back pages , in case she didn't see it.
    kredca4

[ advertisement ]