Katiemac to to the ER ASAP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I can see a definite red like that is going up your leg. And you are really swollen and puffy like my mom was when she had celluitis.

They had her come in to the ER EVery 12 hours for IV anitobitics and it is very serious. YOu need to be on some thing stronger that is going through a IV so that it can help you get better faster. I have had a daughter who had celluitis and I was told that it could cause alot of tissue dammge and must be treated asap With IV anitiboitics.
    Your leg looks like it has a crater in it and it has a whitish stuff on it but that could be from the way you took the photo. I vote on a spider bite.

When my Mom had her bought with Celluitis she found that she ached more , her pain was worse, she was fatiqued all the time, she was hot then cold, got tired so easily that when she sat down she would fall alseep. And her arm ached to deeply that it felt like it was into the bone. And this lasted for her 7 day treatment of IV anitibiotics and it took another dose of oral antiboictics to clear it up.
    And she was so tired all the time.

This looks so bad. I am glad that you are taking pitcures of it so that you can show the doctors where the red line was at and besure to put the date , time and your pain level and if you had a fever too. IT looks good to have it marked in a out line so that you can see where the swelling is . IF it goes out of that line go to ER ASAP AS it could be some thing worse. LIke Blood posioning. Keep track of that red line and the swelling too.

I Personally would go top the ER as your doctor didn't do much it seemed.
    I think that the doctor was just telling you that he had never seen a reaction to a bite like you have.And that it is serious and not something to mess around with. You might see if in your hospital if they have a doctor who treats bites and posions more so that he would know what it was. OR call you local health department and see if they know what a spider bite looks like and call posion control too as they should know what could be going on with you.

But YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR AT THE ER TODAY AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET IN. THIS REALLY IS LOOKING LIKE IT IS NOT GETTING BETTER. PLEASE GO IN AND GET IT CHECKED OUT AND MENTION IV ANTIBITOICS FOR THIS SO THAT IT WILL RESPOND FASTER. YOU need to be on some thing like Rochephepn{SP} STong antibitoic that is given IV.

You could have sudomonis it is a bad infection but I am not spelling it right but it needs IV threapy too .

Please get the doctors to put you on a IV threapy so that you will start to show signs of it getting better and you feeling better. Tell the doctor how you feel when you feel worse , better, FEver everything you tell us tell him. Tell them that your in a lot of pain and it is going through out your body. Just be striaght forward with them and tell them that you don't feel as it your getting better and you need some thing more drasitc to get better.

HUGS to YOU,
    Rosemarie