Kaylie update.....Aghhhh

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Nov 2, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

We went to the hearing.
    Cynthia, Kaylie's mom, lied so bad about visitation. She told the judge she was only able to visit for 45 minute's for one time. Which was a lie. She visited an hour and 45 minites. Plus that it was up to her to set up visitations with the dfacs office. She left that part out, she also left out that she is bipoler and extremely violent, and that I don't trust her except in a public place.
    The judge was a a**, said it was unconstitutional for parents not to get visitation.
    What was I supposed to do, let this maniac into my home? I think not. I still refuse to do that. The dfacs worker suggested I set up visitation at a McDonald's. Cynthia has been thrown out of McDonald's twice in recent months just for raisng cain, once because a worker spilt ketchup on her shirt by accident and once because her sandwich wasn't suitable. She feels no restraints of being in a McDonalds, I'm sure. I guess I'll just have to make sure I bring someone else with me, and my cell phone in case I need to call the police. The dfacs worker said their office was too full of foster kids visiting their parents for us to get to use their facilities much, which I would much prefer.
    Also, the court appointed the parents a free lawyer and put the case back another month.
    The parent's are now staying with some elderly lady in an apartment in town. She told the judge she has every reason to believe they will be on their feet and in their own place within 2-3 moths. I have heard that one so many, many times. Anyway, dfacs is going to do a home evaluation where they are now. I don't know if they realize that or not. We finished our home evaluation and have passed it just fine.
    This is so very stressful on me, on top of my sickness. I now have a raging kidney infection. Hurts so bad.
    As far as I am concerned, my son better not call and ask me for one red penny. I won't give it to him. Ican't take much more and I know it's only going to get worse.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Geeeez!!! I can't believe this is happening to you and Kaylie!! I had such high hopes for your son's conversion to religion too!!

The judge sounds like an idiot!!! I have a low opinion of judges. Never met one I liked.

I will continue my prayers for you and the situation. And I hope you feel better soon as well.

3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry that things went the way they did. You and your beautiful granddaughter will be in my prayers.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

God bless you and your whole family. There is so much going on there. I am so sorry that the judge said and did whqt he did and that he couldn't tell tell that she was lying.

Believe me though, I know from experience about a so called friend and her husband who caused lots of problems for my husbands organization, us and others. He was thrown out and she lied on the stand through the whole thing. I believe she is bipolar. We used to be good friends till I started to see other partsof her personality. It is like she puts on a big mask in front of some people like she is SOOOO sweet. However, don't ever do or say anything that she or he THINKS you are against them in any way and she/they goes balistic, curses, swears. It is to long a story to go into. I also have lots of reason to believe she is continuing to spread lots of lies about us and others that she and they felt had wronged them. They just continue to lie and lie and lots of people believe them. They also feel they have never done anything wrong. Both of them are also paranoid I believe.

Be careful of both of them. Also if they are taking drugs, that could just add to any problems they might have had originally.

Hoping and praying that all will start going well for you and little Kaylie.

Lots of hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2007]
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I really need it. As far as my son's recent religous conversion, I suppose that was a lie too.
    I am going to get with my lawyer and really talk it out with her, make sure she knows all the details of the case and just give it my best shot. And pray as hard as I can that I get a different judge.

The stress of this is horrible, I can barely sleep.

Thanks so much for all your support it really does mean a great deal to me!

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2007]
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had to go through sort of a similar situation w/my own son, regarding his bipolar father....i was basically told unless he(father get's one more or two dui's) really nothing i could do...

and oh be thankful cody is like 10 years old and not 2 years old...but when you have him leaving him home alone while he and his stripper gf went to go to work until the wee hours...and i am sure dad came home drunk...

anyways..i understand the lies they w/tell the judge...i had to sit and here the same old crap from him...

well i wish you the best....guess i would be at my wits end...it's almost like the county wants children in bad environments until it is too late..

yes, that judge may have been correct in stating parents have rights thing! but what about a child advocate for kylie!

does your county have one for children where you live? we have one here...of course i don't have much faith in the judicial system anymore...

they let rapists get off the hook here all the time...i am a rape survivor...and they get to walk around pain free and possibly guilt free emotionally....

hugs and get better soon..

7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Hope it is going better...sounds like the judge needs some hillbilly justice. The court system fails to realize that anybody can have a baby, but not everybody can be a loving trusting parent.

Parents should only have what rights that they earn after the children have been abused, neglected.

How they figure that kids are better off with parents that have the parenting skills of a gnat is beyond me.

hugs and prayers to you and Kaylie

8. victoria

victoria New Member

It might be actually good to have her visit at your house, if maybe it would be possible to get one of those hidden cameras to film her visits? Like the ones they use to document suspected child abuse ("nanny-cams").

Or hide a small one somewhere, like in a bookcase or something...

or at least use an audio tape recorder, would be easy to get a mike attached and put that unobtrusively somewhere, even 2 or 3 if you think you'll be moving around in your house. I think tape players can be picked up for as little as $10 at WalMart.

Just a thought... documenting these things as best you can with something that is irrefutable might be the best investment you can make?

Hope that helps... never had to face such things ourselves, but we have video-taped and audio-taped doctor visits when the doctors were hired by insurance company, made all the difference in the world for us, even/because they knew we were taping.

In your case of course, you wouldn't want her to know since you want her to act 'herself'; and, since you're in your own home, I think it would be totally legal to have a hidden camera or audio recorders...

Even if you meet in a McDonalds, maybe if a friend has one of those little cameras, they could document from across the restaurant?

(Some friends of ours are having some similar problems, they are also the grandparents, and have someone documenting when they pick up their grand-daughter with/for their son's visitations, as the mother has been making things up.)

good luck with whatever you decide... my thoughts are with you...

All the best,

PS: how are you doing with your Lyme treatment, btw?

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2007]
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

recording someone w/out them knowing...in california it is against the law to record someone's telephone converstation w/o stating so before hand...felony here...

10. victoria

victoria New Member

that it's not a problem audio/video recording conversations secretly in your own living room ... that's what nanny-cams are for, as well as security cameras; and especially if you yourself are present anyway.

Public places, at least outdoors, it would seem the same; NYC recently tried to pass a law outlawing all photography in the city without a permit, but it was dropped. Altho being inside McDonald's may not qualify ... so maybe meeting in a public park or something similar would be better....

I know phone conversations are different tho, and laws vary state to state. From research, I believe for Georgia it is ok as long as one party does know.

Jodie's right, of course, it would of course be good, and interesting, to get an official legal opinion.

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2007]
  11. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Such that it is:
    It seems the "Parent's" are missing in action. They can not be reached by anyone including dfacs. I called the head supervisor at the dfacs office today because I have not heard from the parent's in order to set up visitations.
    I told her I was very worried since the Judge had been such a stickler about the visitation. She said she would stand up in court with me and tell the Judge it was not my fault that they were not getting visitation up to this point. So this is very good for my case. I'll bet that the parents were thrown out of the apartment they were staying with the elderly lady. They are like leeches, nobody wants to keep them for long, they drain your money and resources very quickly. Not to mention your nerves. And they are dirty. They have meth sores all over them. They won't bathe regular and stink to high heaven. Not pleasant company. Anyway, I have no idea where they are. I wish they would just realize Kaylie is better off where she is and leave us alone. I don't think the mother even really wants Kaylie, she just wants to get back at me because I finally cut her off and won't give her money any more. She used to really have me in a pickle. She used Kaylie, like if I didn't do something or give her money she would come get Kaylie. I am so glad those days are over at least.

Thanks so much for the support!

12. victoria

victoria New Member

Perhaps they'll take care of themselves for you, and you won't have to worry anymore. While I hate to see them go under... right now it might be for the best...

How are you doing with your Lyme treatment???

all the best,

13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Kelly Ann,

Not sure if I missed something. I hope that Kaylie is still with you after all that business with the judge. I hope that the parents of this little girl will ,as they say,"shoot themselves in the foot" so everyone can see what they truly are. So sorry for your son but we cannot help what they do after they grow up !! I am sure that is all heartbreaking too.

Now take care of yourself. No wonder your b/p is high. Are you seen the dr. and on meds yet? I hope so with all this. Be careful and you need to take care if yourself. It is so important. You and your husband are being so supportive of your grand daughter after all this.

Good Grief, what a mess !

Blessings to you and your family ,

Granni (Marilyn)