Kaylie Update: Good News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Nov 27, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Kaylie's custoy hearing was today. Her parents did not show up. I had to testify up on the stand in front of the judge and a lot of people about my son and Kaylies mom on how they both did drugs and didn't work, etc...It was totally nerve wracking. I had to answer so many questions. I got so tongue tyed several times. At the end I asked to speak to the judge and just poured out my heart about how much I love Kaylie and how I was just trying to do my best for her. I broke down crying, couldn't help it. But we ended up winning custody! For at least two years! After one year we can have the parental rights terminated and adopt Kaylie! Isn't that wonderful! I mean that it is wonderful that I don't have to deal with dfacs anymore or worry myself half to death about the mother trying to take Kaylie anymore. This past year has been a real NIGHTMARE for me. I have worried myself sick over this. I am the only one Kaylie has to depend on. And I am not about to let her down, ever. Now maybe things can settle down and I can work on my health now. I am so happy about the custody, and so relieved!

Your friend,
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It is so good for all of you...Kaylie, you, your family! The issue is settled.

Do they still have visitation rights? I'm sure it would be supervised, if so. I would think since they are still the parents, they would have those rights...not that I agree with that reasoning. However, if they lose parental rights, there would be no visitation as you would be the parent.

So...one step at a time. I'll bet a load has been lifted off your shoulders.

Thanks for sharing your good news.

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sonds like your son and kaylie did not want to hear the truth about themselves. maybe even afraid to be thrown in jail....

how sad that they w/be missing out on the gift of a child they had together.
    but atleast kaylie has you now...

4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Well, for right now they have no visitation because of the history of violence on both parents. They have both been arrested for domestic violence in the past year. The mother is bipolar and gets extremely vilolent at times, she beat my son with an iron skillet just because he accidentally unpluged her video game. She once threatened to kill my oldest daughter and her unborn child because she asked her to leave her house. I do not feel safe with this girl in my house at this time. I will not do visitation unless it is supervised at someplace like a dfacs office or such. My nerves just can't take dealing with her. I truly believe she would have hurt Kaylie had she had Kaylie all this time. She only had Kaylie for the first 2 months of her life, but she would scream at the baby to shut up, shut up! That she didn't know what else to do, just shut up!

5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

What a wonderful early Christmas present! It has been long, exhaustive year for you, I'm sure. But now you won't have a constant worry.

I couldn't imagine it turning out any other way, but thank heavens it went in your favor.

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Kaylie is lucky to have a wonderful grandmother like you. I wish all the best for both of you.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

It is wonderful, and dont worry, we all know what you mean. To worry every day about Kaylie is no way for you or her to live. What a great gift just in time for the holidays... (& I hope they're no longer in the woods behind you either!).

Hope you can relax now a bit! You deserve it!

all the best,

8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

That is so great Kellyann, Congratulations to you and Kaylie.
    now go enjoy that baby!

Love to all, Ann
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

The best news ever! Little miss Kaylie sat on my lap giving me the biggest kisses ever this morning, that is all the payment I need, haha! That makes it all worthwhile!I swear she is the sweetest youngin ever! She takes her fat little baby hand and blows kisses too! Soooo Cute! Maybe now my nerves can settle down some and I can work on feeling better, yay!

I am planning on taking a trip to Florida to visit my mom real soon, that should be fun!

Take care!
  10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

some of the best news I've heard in a long time.

Just when I had about lost faith in the justice system too!!

hold on to that sweet little one and I admire you so much. esp. knowing that you are so sick with this DD. Makes us stop and smell the roses just a little longer.

hope and prayers to your family
  11. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You have all been such a great support to me! It has been so hard on me the past several months fighting this battle with the court and dealing with dfacs caseworkers, etc....all on top of being so very sick. At times I thought I'd lose my mind and was able to come here and calm down and get some much needed support. You all are wonderful! There were a lot a of times I almost lost faith in the justice system too, when dfacs basicly told me there was nothing they could or would do to help me and so forth. But it has all worked out for the best and now I think it will be a good Christmas! I only wish my son could get the help he desprately needs. I worry constantly about him. He is out running the streets, homeless. He is going to get himself into serious trouble, I'm afraid. I love my son dearly, I just don't know what to do about him. If I give him money he will just buy drugs. It's sad. It kills me to see him like this. But he has to change, I can't make him. I pray for him daily. I am so scared I'll hear he is dead or in jail or worse.

Thanks so much for everything!
    your friend always,
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am thrilled to hear that you now have custody of your beloved grand daughter!! Congrats!! Now you can relax and enjoy her!

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hooray. The system is working as it should in this case. We can all be thankful for that.

Enjoy those chubby little baby kisses...

Happy news for all.

14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Kelly Ann,

What a truly blessed gift this early Christmas present is for you all.

Yes, you are truly special to be taking this precious baby for your very own. You have been thru a horible time and I am so glad it is over.

Hope they don't try any more tricks but it sounds like the law is on your side now - Thank God !!

That is truly a lovely ending to terrible story for you all.

God bless you and your family !!

15. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You received a wonderful early Christmas present. I am so happy for you and that beautiful little girl. CONGRATULATIONS.