Keep Your E-Mail Addresses Up To Date

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am asking anyone who has changed e-mail addresses to let Shirl and me know about it in case we have to contact you. I know that people often change e-mail addresses and probably do not think to let us know. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just bumping.

Love, Mikie
  3. Kelly12

Kelly12 New Member

What are your email addresses?

Thanks

Kel
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I don't know how to let you know personally, but my new email is in my profile. Can you fix it for me?
    Thanks,
    KAte
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Shirl-Admin@ProHealthInc.com
    Mikie-Admin@ProHealthInc.com

We do not recommend posting e-mail addresses in profiles or on the board as our members have received some nasty e-mails and offers to join boards started by banned members. These boards bash us and tell outright lies and are filled with hatred and negativity. For security reasons, it is best not to post addresses.

Kate, I will update your record.

Love, Mikie
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

So GLAD you are back!!

I strongly advise EVERYONE to not post your email address. There are some very disruptive emails you can receive from MANY. If you want to exchange with some one else, I believe you might be able to go thourgh Mikie or Shirl if it is acceptable to both parties. Am I right on this on Mikie?

My thoughts!

Kim

7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

but I've had my email on my profile since joining a year ago. I have yet to receive a bunch of spam or solicitations of any kind. I sometimes read other boards, and have even posted a bit, but my loyalties must remain here, because without the information I was able to find on this site, I would undoubtedly still be fighting for my SSDI. Thanks to the well presented, and easy to locate, articles here at IS, I was able to win my SS battle on the first attempt, without the aid of an attorney. This was the first FM site that I joined, and it is still by far the best. Thanks for updating me, Mikie. I am technologically challenged.
    Kate
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To e-mail Shirl or me and request that we provide your e-mail address to another member. Please do not write to us and say, "If so and so asks for my address, it's OK to give it to her." We simply cannot keep track. All we will respond to is a request to send your e-mail address to someone else. Right now, we have not been inundated with these requests, but if we are, we may not be able to keep up with them.

We do try to protect our members as much as is possible. It is a shame that there are people out there who lurk on message boards just looking for e-mail addresses in order to cause problems, but it is a reality.

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

While it is theoretically possible for the tech dept to read our e-mails, believe me, they are not interested in them. They are so overworked that they do not want to get involved in the daily goings on with our e-mails. The Webmaster leaves that to Shirl and me. He usually only gets involved if someone writes to him directly or we ask for his help.

Shirl and I do keep the e-mails we receive confidential. I know it is wise to be careful when using the internet, but I think it is too easy to become paranoid, seeing everyone as being interested in everything we do. I know how busy the tech dept. is and I know that they simply don't care about what is written to us. They do not read the e-mails but simply forward them to us.

Love, Mikie