kefir---non dairy---yay!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Oct 14, 2009.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

I found a coconut based creamy kefir drink at whole foods this week and I like it, seems to help gut, its not as tasty as dairy based ones but even the goats dairy causes more pain in me the next day.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That's great simonedb. Let us know in a few weeks if it helps you. Hope it does. I'm going to try to make mine tonight from freeze-dried grains.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  3. street129

street129 New Member

how do you tell your gut is being help, are your stomach hurting you. is kefir good to rid candida
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

heya street
    the kefir is helping some constipation I was having (such a pleasant topic).
    HOwever I have also started to use a little kombucha tea at the same time and I think that helped too, but too much of that and i feel like detoxing and stomach will hurt.
    My gut hasnt hurt that much lately, I go thru phases where have had bad gerd over the years, have used activated charcoal capsules for that and avoiding eating at night.
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I read about Kefir from Burrascano MD book on Lyme treatment. Kefir is a MUST for recovery.

I loved the store brands. Goat's milk variety was different, but I got use to it.

I ordered a Kefir kit: http://www.fotvn.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16

The website says that kefir bacteria (probiotics) thrive on lactose (milk sugar). It can be mixed with other milks (almond, oat, hazelnut, coconut) but it needs to ferment on dairy.

If 70-80% of the immune system is in the gut, probiotics should make a huge difference.

It should arrive today. I can't wait to have germs for breakfast!