Kellyann New music post

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Jan 18, 2008.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I had a huge crush on (still do) on Jon Bon Jovi, plus loved the WhiteSnake band, senior summer after grad. went to one of their concerts, it was WILD!!

Josh Turner has a voice that could melt a girls bones into mush!!
    My husband got me into Pink floyd in college. How about Billy Joel, Glass House, or California, okay talking music now, not just gorgeous singers, sorry, i like a very wide variety.
    It's Dwight Yokeums Birthday today, had a huge crush on his legs once, but then i used to wear my jeans and boots like that too. "Little sister"
    But then i grew up listening to Waylon Jenninging, and having my dad dancing me around the kitchen on the top on his cowboy boot when i was little, and Johnny Cash, can't leave him out!!
    Now there are lots of days when i'm sitting on the couch and i really, really feel like i'm burning in that Ring of Fire!!

Now i mostly listen to artist like, Casting Crowns, and Mercy Me, Avalon, Todd Hgnew,

[This Message was Edited on 01/14/2008]

Hehe... 01/16/08 03:57 PM

My daughter and I were watching Dwight on TV one night, she says "his pants are so obscene! They are downright nasty!" I just laughed, I love Dwight!

Yes, Josh Turner has a voice that could melt your soul! I have all 3 of his CD's! I love him, and he is such a good guy too. He is mmarried and a good Cristain.

I have never heard of those bands you've listed at the bottom of your post, guess I'm just an old fart, haha!

There is a band I really love, I don't know if anyone else has heard of them. they are like a new wave bluegrass band. They only have an accoustic guitar, violin, and a mandonlin, and of course their voices. They are called "Nickel Creek", They have a haunting sound. Very different, and I just love them, and yes, I have all their CD's!

I just did get myself an mp4 player. It is too cool. I actually learned how to load all my cd's onto it! I just love it. I don't care to load single songs on it, but love to put my favorite cd's on it. I am going to get a stereo for my car with an adapter for a mp3 player, since I have to get a stereo anyway. That will be nice not to have to carry all my cd's out to the car.

2. morningsonshine

Hey, i transfered our two post to a new thread! Since it was getting off from elaine's.

The bands i listed at the end aren't really well known unless you like christian artist.

They are pretty popular on christian radio.

You'll have to check them out sometime.

I love what your daughter said about Dwight's pants!! LOL
    too funny!! She may have a point there.

I heard once that it took two people to help him in his jeans.
    When i was in school, super tight button fly levi's with skinny legs was the thing!! It took me about 20 minutes to get them on, because i would have to work the bottoms over my cowboy boots.

Because you couldn't pull the legs up over your calves, i would have to get the pants half on then work the legs over the top of the boot's, then pull up the pants, and get my feet in the boot's at the same time!! Yee-Haw!

Wish i had all that energy now!!!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I remember wearing extremly tight jeans that were super tight all the way down the legs too, but had a little bow on the back with a liitle zipper, so that you could get your feet in, do you remember those jeans? I loved those! They were really high waisted too, the girls of today wouldn't be caught dead in those jeans, haha! I don't know what make these girls think that low waisted jeans, so low that their butt cracks show is apealing? And they go around is tiny little shirts with their fat bellies hanging out, very few girls can pull off that look. Too silly! My daughter went through a phase where she wore red eye liner, I hated it so bad! She has finally out grown it.
    But she wore it for 3 years!Yuck! I don't think I ever wore anything that looked really silly. Not that I remember. Tight jeans and Tshirts. That is about it.I was tiny back then too. Size 3-5. Stayed that size all the way up until after fourth child, and then was a size 7.

Take care!
  4. morningsonshine

Yes i remember those pants with zippers in the leg at the bottum!!! LOL

Red eyeliner! Yikes! That's different, but harmless. TJeans and tees, were about it for me. I was a petite, 5, until college, when i was drinking all the time! Yuck!

After all that, and three kids, i'm at a 7 now, hated being a 9.

I saw Terch posted but erased it, anyones welcome to comment!

I really like the mid-rise jeans, being short waisted they fit me way better and are more comfy than the old high waist style, but i wouldn't want to wear those supper low ones.
    And when girls wear those kinda pants to tight it is just NOT flattering unless, you have zero fat.

Most girls i see have muffin tops and short tees, very unflattering for them.
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I like the midrise jeans myself because I'm so short. Due to being on topamax I'm in a 5 now. I lost a good 40 pounds quick when I started on that med. Not a bad side effect, haha. But I can live without the memory loss and all the tingling fingers and such. Oh well. I can't tell anymore if it is helping with my migraines or not, because the migraine is here constantly now...bummer!

6. morningsonshine

Sorry about the headaches, i get some pretty nasty ones at times, darkroom, no noise, or movement.

But not constantly. I lost weight last summer when i went to gluten free eating.

The tingling fingers and feet, suck! I get that without medication! LOL

Have you watched the Amazing Grace film that's out? I bought the sound track, i've been listening to that.

Tonight i watched, 10 things i hate about you, i like that movie. At the end they play that song, I want you to want me, I need you to need me, I love you to love me.
    Didn't I, Didn't i, didn't i hear you trying.

Sound familiar to you???

7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I think that song was by Cheap trick? I always thought they were saying "couldn't you hear me crying" haha! I don't know! $Another one I love is Eddie Money, I have a best of collection CD of his, it's pretty good "Two tickets to paradise" sounds fun, haha! I once went to a concert when I was 16 or 17, it was so cool. Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult at one concert! Of course they had a giant godzilla monster come out on the stage for Foghat's Go Go godzilla song. It shot lazer lights out it's eyeballs, just too cool, haha! Guess I'm really showing my age!
  8. morningsonshine

You know i think you maybe right about the "crying" part, silly me.
    Godzilla?? Ha, Ha, I think i may have heard of the Blue Oyster cult tho. My husband would probably know for sure.

What do you do with your horses?? Are they just lawn ornaments, or are they used?? I keep hanging on to my horses, hoping i'll get my strengh back. I took about 5 very short rides last summer.
    (I was reading your profile)

Talk later,
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Blue Oyster Cult sings that song:Don't Fear the Reaper, I'm sure you've heard of that song!

My horses are pretty much lawn ornaments. I have one huge black and white paint horse. She's 17 hands or so. And I have a black pony for the kids. I love looking at them, haha! I do go out and give them apples and such. I figure that as soon as I feel good enough to excercise that working with my horse would be good theraphy. Even if it were just getting her out, walking her around, brushing her down, maybe bathing her on a warm day. That would be way better than a gym,haha! There is nothing else like the feeling of a horse under your hands!Take Care!
  10. morningsonshine

Sorry still don't recognize the song, but my husband knew exactly who i was talking about. His about 5 years older than me.
    Found this, so i could know what it sounded like.

Horses are the best kinda lawn ornaments, love the way they feel under your hand, and the way they smell when you lean on them and give them a hug.

They are great for getting me outdoor even if i can't always ride.
    Sometimes a grooming session is even too much, but just being with them is therapy enough!!

Changed my picture in profile, this is from last summer, this day was great, but, put me on the couch for about 2 weeks.[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2008]
  11. morningsonshine

He just keeps getting better, and better dosen't he!! And he looks better now than when i was in high school!!

Check this out!

12. morningsonshine

Bon jovi, and whitesnake, is what i really got into in high school.

Don't like heavy metal, never did punk rock, marilyn manson is just plain scary!!

But i do like Johnny Cash, and really my roots are country, and what they consider country now just leaves me cold mostly.

Give my Waylon Jennings,

I also had older siblings, that listened to different rock stuff than me, that i liked, but my "peers" weren't into,
    "Hotel California", "Stairway to heaven", Boston, Queen.

In College, my to be hubby, got me hooked on Pink Floyd for awhile.

But i'm just really liking how Jon Bon Jovi, has grown up and matured, he just keeps getting more talanted, i love his voice, and love ballards,
    I quit listening to secular music for the longest time, then one day when i thought Bon jovi was long gone from the music scence, i hear this song, "Lay me down in a Bed of Roses"
    And i fell for his music all over again.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2008]
  13. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Mornings, you look like you could be my sister from your picture, haha! We both have a cleft chin, wear glasses, and are pale. I thought I was a lot older that you, but I'm only six years older! I was born in 1963. I have been trying to download the you tube site to my computer, not having a whole lot of luck installing the flash player for the videos just et, I'm not that good at all that kind of stuff, but I'll get it eventually. That is why I haven't answered sooner. I've been trying to watch that Bon Jovi video, no luck yet! I absolutely love Bon Jovi, did you see the Crossroads video he did with Sugarland? It was so good! He is so pretty! Even my 18 year old daughter agrees with me on him, haha! You have some gorgeous horses!

Snog....I fail to see the attraction to M.Manson. He is so creepy. Guess I'm too old for that one. I have heard that he puts on a terrific show. I know I'd never go to one though. Just not my cup of tea. If you like him though that's great.

14. morningsonshine

You will have to post a picture of yourself now. My face is pretty blurry in this one. I'm usally a smiler, but i was working hard at getting Wind Dancer to stand still for the pic.

I am really white, glow in the dark!!LOL To much couch time, when i get in the sun, it produces freckles on me, no tanning.

Yea, those cleft chins are pretty manly aren't they!!:0) LOLOL!
    You are the same age as my husband, i kinda thought so.

Let me know if you get the Flashplayer working, so you can watch the youtubes. I kinda got hooked on them the other day, and wasted alot of time watch alot of the Bon jovi songs! Ha, a walk down memory lane.
    There were some interviews with him also, and also this really funny clip of him on a English talk show. It cracked me up!

Take Care,

15. morningsonshine

Have you figured it out yet??

Want to share this one with you

Todd Agnew, The fragile breath

Mentioned him in the original post i moved over for you.

Here is one for people that love horse, and long to be free, uncaged, from what ever, for me this DD, and back riding barefoot and bareback like a kid again. Or just stepping out of what ever box life has us cornered in.[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2008]
  16. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I posted a picture of me and my husband that we had taken at walmart a few years ago. I don't get my picture taken much, I'm usually the one taking them, haha!

I haven't yet mastered the you tube thing. Haven't felt good enough to fool with it lately, still have a bad headache.

We are trying to celebrate my 3 year old granddaughter Sarah's birthday today. I feel like just crawling in bed and staying put, but I can't. Whoopee.

Take Care!