KEN AND OTHER MINSOTANS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cromwell, May 25, 2008.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

gEE THAT TORNADO HIT RIGHT NEAR sT pAUL. aRE YOU ok kEN?

aNYBODY ELSE THAT AREA TOO. tHESE TORNADOES ARE DREADFUL THIS YEAR, SO MANY.

lET US KNOW HOW YOU ALL ARE DOING.

aNNIE
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Very thoughtful of you to think of me. I'm still a Minnesotan at heart, but I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico now. New Mexcio gets tornadoes, too, but usually only in the eastern part of the state, on the Great Plains.

I did a Google search on that tornado, though. Looks like it passed through some suburubs to the north of the Twin Cities: Coon Rapids and Hugo. Also looks like it was devastating. Wow, looks like a destructive year for tornadoes so far.

By the way, Annie, great job on the Book Club questions! I'm too tired to respond tonight, but I'll post tomorrow or Tuesday. I enjoyed EAT CAKE.

Ken
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2008]
  3. springwater

springwater Well-Known Member

tornadoes could strike in the minnesota area too...my husbands cousin is studying in Minnesota...and he has a few other relatives too...hope theyre safe - I always thought tornadoes were concentrated in the oklahoma /kansas regions....anyways I am glad Ken is safe in Mexico

God Bless
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

also got blasted and I understand a few lost their lives there. I would have thought Minnesota would not get such serious tornadoes, but I guess nowhere is immune from them. Even here off Lake Erie in 1985 2 people were killed by one and in April a small one tore into the changing hut at the school.

This is the first time we have had no basement to hide in, and that makes me nervous-however, all our neighbors have basements so I guess we could go there.

Ken, glad you are safe too. I recall now you are in NM, we have some friends who live very close to you.

Annie