Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures Book anybody?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Oct 11, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I've been reading the book and trying to eat organic and also filtered water, special deoderant, etc. Anyone else doing this? A lot of what he says makes sense - some things I don't agree with (like his scientology stuff) but most of the rest sounds pretty reasonable. I've only been doing it a few days so I don't know the result yet.
  2. donna275

donna275 New Member

as we started to read it. My husband and I both thought it was a bunch of crap. The things he said to do did not explain why. It also perpetuated a lot of internet myths such as the deoderant one.

Also, there was a big news story on him and he is just a con artist!

Donna
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My good friend had a double mastectomy at age 37 and she was told by her doctor NEVER to use regular deoderant again. The aluminum and other chemicals are bad for her lymph system. It stands to reason that we shouldn't use it either.

I don't agree with not going to psychiatrists or psychologists and I think he takes the doctor thing too far but I definitely believe he is right on track about organic foods and our drinking water.

Keep this going - I want to hear more opinions.

The organic things makes perfect sense to me. This is how my Grandma ate for the first 40 years of her life because that is all there was. She'll be 104 in a couple of weeks.

4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

I agree with his claims against the food and drug industry but he didn't offer any "natural cures" in his book. It was a come on for his expensive website. I think the guy is basically not telling the truth when he advertises his book.

5. over50

over50 New Member

I have bought so many "cures",and I am embarrassed.
    But I am desperarate. There is a site I think it is called Quackwatch ,
    I know we can trust the supplements on this site.
    But,please check things out,we have unlimited knowledge on our computers.
    It is so pathetic how the greedy people seek out the weak ones.Well,lets not be weak,lets be informed.
    Please take care,
    Love,Linda
  6. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

Read www.newstarget.com

The book is good and so so, but some of the stuff does work-
    the review of the book is in the above web site.

Its up to all of us to try different things because toxins are maken us all sick-

Nurses Recommend Aluminum-Free Deodorants (press release)Nearly all Breast Cancer tumors occur in the upper outside quadrant of the breast ... These stones are 3 times more effective than commercial deodorants, ...

http://www.pgbeautyscience.com/en_UK/programs/breast_cancer_myth_en.html

If you read the above website you will get more off this site than the $30 book-

jgavi
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]
  7. june-bug

june-bug New Member

Dont disreguard the info in the book because the author has been accused of being a con artist He didnt invent these opinions, hes just gathered info from different sources and condensed it for us. True, the cures may not all work for every person. Our illnesses are so complex we need to individulize our treatment. I found that he does explain the "why".You cant expect to eat organic for a few years and be cured, but, Our bodies have been litterally fed poison for decades I think eating better now is about stopping further damage rather than reversing the damage already done. We are the guinea pigs. We are the study on the effects(long term) of eating saccharin and absorbing propoline glycol and parabens through our skin. A lot of what he says makes sence, some I dont agree with. I could go on and on but how can you think small levels of toxins are okay for us??Its easy to HOPE hes wrong so we can go on stuffing our bodies with processed junk and chemical laden cosmetics. Conscider this... The chemical sensitivity we all have, is it our bodies way of saying theyve had enough??
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2005]
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I am still trying some of the advice. I got a little off track after my Grandma died because I was eating meals at Mom's. People brought over a lot of food! I have been doing a cleanse and staying away from pork. I don't know if what I was dong helped or if I was going on adrenaline but I did make it through many late nights preparing for the funeral and many days of family. Normally, I would have been laying in bed.

The only thing I can say is that it can't hurt to eat healthy and not put chemicals in and on my body. I may subscribe to his website for one month and read all I can.
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

He was just on one of the news shows and Jane ??? interviewed him.

He got VERY irrate and defensive when she started questioning the allegations that he doesn't really explain the options in the book

He got those "Tom Cruise crazy eyes" (that he had with his interview with Matt Lauer)
  10. KSB

KSB New Member

returned it the next day. After reading a few chapters, I thought he was really off the wall. I really didn't know who he was, and thought he had at least some medical background. I think he's a quack and the book is full of 'it'. I bought it at Sam's and when I returned it, they didn't even ask why. She said most of his books they've sold have been returned.
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

If you want information on natural approaches there are many credible and informative resources out there that blow this guy out of the water.

As mentioned above, he is rehashing already stated natural theories without give solutions to them.

If you are going to spend the cash, try books like "The Pill Guide to Natural Medicine" by Michael Murry, ND.

Or find any Natural Health Doctor to inform and advise you.

This guy does not have the credentials.

I have an ND helping me with my CFS/FM, as well as an MD .. so I am not bashing the natural healthcare route, just this guy ....

Think about it,

Elsa
  12. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names

By MICHAEL GORMLEY

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A New York consumer protection agency warns the infomercial star who wrote ``Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About' has something he doesn't want his customers to know about.

The state Consumer Protection Board warned Thursday that author Kevin Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to other telemarketers and junk mailers. Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs, said state Consumer Protection Board Executive Director Teresa Santiago.

Trudeau isn't accused of breaking any law.

Instead, Santiago - who in September lost an initial court battle to Trudeau - said the retailer isn't abiding by the best and accepted practices of Internet retailers. She said those practices inform customers their name, address and other contact information would be sold to other marketers. Many Internet businesses also provide a way for customers to prohibit their name from being sold to other commercial interests, Santiago said.

She said customers who call one of Trudeau's toll-free numbers for sales have received ``spooky junk mail' from Nevada claiming a secret society has personal knowledge about the consumer. The society is another book publisher selling a $150 book teaching people how to rule the world, Santiago said.

``We don't advertise or promote the fact that you can opt out of use of your information,' said Trudeau's attorney, David Bradford of Chicago. ``Certainly if someone called and requested that, we would be responsive to that.'

He said there is no ``best' or ``accepted practice' in the industry to notify customers before selling their contact data to other firms.

``I think it's commonly understood (among) people purchasing on the Internet that their information is available for appropriate other offers,' he said.
  13. codinqueen

codinqueen New Member

I also bought the book, read it and returned it. I expected to find some home remedies I had previously not heard of, and didn't find any in his book. He seems to think everybody needs to do colon cleanses all the time. I don't buy it- how many of your friends that are well do colon cleanses all the time????? He implies we are all full of s--- and I don't believe it. I have plenty of healthy friends who never have any pain, and they are loaded with the same "toxins" that I am, and not doing colon cleanses or watching their diet. I am waiting for the publisher to credit my account, since I bought it on a 30 day money-back guarantee. You will probably be able to find this book in thrift stores and garage sales very soon. I think it is a bunch of hooey and the only thing he is sure of is making more money from the people who won't take the time or energy to return the stupid book, who have more money than sense probably.