Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures Book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ddlg42, Dec 26, 2004.

1. ddlg42

ddlg42 New Member

Has anyone heard or tried Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures Book treatment's? If so let us know. I am interested in hearing if anyone has had any positive results. Thanks...
  2. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

My husband and I were watching TV yesterday and he wanted me to order the book. So I did. I have a sneaky feeling it is the same info I already know from Dr. Mercola. DON'T EAT SUGAR-FLOUR-GRAINS, etc.....

Of course I ordered Dr. Mercola's cookbook, too. Can't wait to get it. After eating things I really should not have through the holidays I need to get back to my eating plan and this should be a good way to do it!

I'll let you know about the book when it comes. I had it sent the standard shipping. Of course they tried to sell me about ten ZILLION other things while I was on the phone! Including charging over $70 dollars for a year's subscription to his internet newsletter!

Dr. Mercola's newsletter is FREE!! EVeryone should sign up!

Blessings,
    Dee
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I ordered the book and as very disappointed in it...so I returned it..

All the natural cures he talks about is not in the book he refers you to a web site and guess what, more books to order..

The healthy things he talks about would be almost impossible for me to do..Eat nothing out of a can, box or plastic, of course all the sugars,flour etc..Eat only
    organic foods including meats, friuts & vegs..Nothing cooked or heated in a microwave, no fast food resturants to avoid eating out at all...and on and on..

There were no specific natural cures for anything..

It sounded to good to be true and it was
    for me....Maybe I was expecting to much..
    I wanted to look up fibro, cfids or depression and maybe some helpful natural
    cures.. but no specific diseases or cures
    mentioned....

Would love to hear if I am the only one
    that was very unhappy with the book...

greatgran
  4. ddlg42

ddlg42 New Member

In the Infomerical he talks a lot about ACIDITY. He says that that is where all of the bodies imbalences are at. According to him. I should stop taking my Prevacid and eat more acids, i.e., take a spoonful of VINIGER and within seconds all should be OK. I figured that vineger would make it worse since I had a minor tear in my stomach lining. Any input?
  5. donnaray

donnaray New Member

when I had heartburn and it did work. I get it once in awhile and so if the vinegar works it means I don't have enough acid in my stomach. I couldn't beleive taking a spoonful of vinegar would actually HELP, but it did. :)

I haven't read his book but am interested in hearing everyone's opinion. I figured it sounded too good to be true. :(

Thanks for mentioning Dr. Mercola's free newsletter. I just signed up for it. [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2004]
  6. Ancient1

Ancient1 New Member

We just received it for Christmas and haven't sat down to open the book yet. My Mom called me and asked me if I wrote it, before she gave it to my hubby for Christmas! She says it was filled with all the common sense stuff I've been preaching for years.

Can't wait to find out what it says!
    Anyway, He's cute...don't you think!

Love and Blessings,
    Susan
  7. matn

matn New Member

I do not have the book, but I follow a diet where I have removed the majority of the toxins from the food supply. It took a while, but I have recovered from CFS, MCS and FM. As a chemist, I almost fell to the floor when I found out that almost everything in the public food supply contains MSG (mostly disguised). Also, 70% of the foods of the standard American Diet contain gluten, dairy and soy. These are actually toxic for most people. Fast food is injected with MSG and a whole host of other additives. Commercial salt also contains sugar, aluminum and iodine and it is in everything! Microwaving does change the chemistry of the food, especially the delicate proteins and enzymes. Packaging allows other potentially toxic chemicals to leach into the food. Food storage almost always results in a loss of nutrients. I now firmly believe, that our poor health is caused by the way that modern food and beverages are produced, packaged and stored so it is best to get back to the caveman approach. It takes time and effort to conform to an unprocessed diet, but the results can be outstanding (please read my profile). It is the best noninvasive approach to try if you are truly suffering. This is a modern day illness that can be addressed if you are willing to try new approaches. I has no success with the medical profession, but I went form being bedridden to now playing 4 hours of tennis a day. All the systems (digestive, reproductive, circulatory, CNS, cognitive, teeth & gums, muscles & tendons & ligaments) in my body now feel strong; as though the poisons are gone. You need to be careful as there are a lot of people out there just trying to take your money and they can deplete your pocketbook as well as your energy supply.

Good Luck!
  8. ddlg42

ddlg42 New Member

Well if the vineger is the way to go, then why, why are these so called doctor's preach that the healthy to go is with medication? Yeah, yeah, money is the keyword. But do they want us to be actually sick?. Where is their consious?
    So do you only take the vineger when you need it or is it a daily maintenance thing for you? Thanks for the input.....
  9. donnaray

donnaray New Member

if I get heartburn. I used to get heartburn alot but I don't anymore. Maybe only once a week. I'm not sure if I'm doing it the way you're supposed to but it works for me. :)

I am in awe of anyone who can go on a restricted diet like you have matn, and I will definately be reading up on it but I don't know if I have the willpower to give up on foods that I love. Did it take long before you started to feel the difference? Did you go on it a little at a time or did you start it all at once?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2004]
  10. matn

matn New Member

Hello Donnary:

My life became very difficult when I developed seizures of unknown origin when I was in my 20's. After going through the regular medical protocol, I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. I was forced early on to modify my diet, but only to the extent of reducing sugar and eating balanced at every meal. This was the best that the medical profession could recommend at the time. My health continued to deteriorate even on the diet. Over the years, I did my own research and went to many physicians but their recommendations were limited and since my blood work looked good, they usually wrote me off and told me I would live to be 100! Over 17 years my health remained relatively poor, but stable as I could work (but barely) and I discovered the benefits of removing MSG, dairy, soy, gluten from my diet. The biggest energy boost came when I removed gluten, but then I was faced with what foods can I find to eat? In 2001 I totally crashed as I had started a new relationship and like a fool, started to eat out. I was on the floor and basically did not have the energy to get up for 6 months, along with a host other unusual symtoms. At this point I lost my job and my life as I knew it. The physicians were useless, so I again looked at what I could do and it was here that I discovered minor changes that made a major impact. I eliminated foods that were not compatible with my blood type, stopped all vitamins and minerals, removed commercial salt and added sea salt and discovered mineral water with naturally high content of calcium. Within a few months, I could feel my body starting to heal and my sleep starting to return and some of my enery came back. It has taken almost 4 years for me to get where I am today, but I believe my recovery is real and that strict compliance is required otherwise I will become ill again.

I guess it gets down to how ill one feels. If I had no symptoms, I suspect, that I would have made little changes to what I consumed (and believe me, I could consume a lot of carbs!). Yet, the quality of my life had disappeared and I was not willing to accept this state for the rest of my life. So, I sought a logical, noninvasive, approach and tried it. I am very greatful that it was successful. I also mirrored my dietary changes after what Roger MacDougall did, in his complete recovery from MS.

This is not a bandaid approach as it gets to the root cause. I hope this will work for others as well.

MATN

11. ddlg42

ddlg42 New Member

Donnaray,

Could you please tell how you take the vineger? Daily and how much? Thanks
  12. Bambi

Bambi New Member

vinegar and 1 cup of water, sweetened with honey. I've done it that way and it worked. I've even done it every day for periods of time now and then
    and even saw an improvement though minor in my IBS.
  13. ddlg42

ddlg42 New Member

Bambi,

Thanks. I will certainly give it a try. There are times my tummy feels ok. This last Wednesday I had tuna with mayo and my stomach did not like it. Now it hurts. If I don't eat or just eat jello's and stuff like that the pain subsides a little bit at a time.
    Do you think vineger will help for this type of pain also?
    That is, Apple Cider Vinegar we are talking about, right? Just checking. Thanks and keep in touch - Desi