Kholmes and world travelers taking narcotics overseas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jul 23, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I am planning a trip next May to Dublin for my daughters wedding.

I take 12 precriptions and some are narcotics, ambien,percocets, adderall and klonopin. I would hate to be held up at customs when they look at all my pill bottles.

But am scared to put them in my luggage for fear it would get lost, then I would be really screwed.

Any suggestions? Thanks-Carla
  2. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I've been overseas quite a few times. All they ask if for you to keep the persciptions (all - narcotic or not), in the original bottles. You need to have these in your carry on bag. I believe any supplements can be packed, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I usually carry 2 Ziploc bags in my carry-on. One with perscription and 1 with supplements. I have been overseas probably at least 10 times, and I have never been asked about them. Have fun!
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I like the "World Traveller" description next to my name! Right now, a twenty minute drive is about the extent of my world travelling. Books and Google Earth are fun substitutes, though, and armchair travelling is not so bad.

I hope Kriskwon and Willow77 answered your questions. I would also talk to a travel agent, if you have any more questions about taking your prescriptions with you.

I'm looking forward to giving you suggestions for some great things to do and see in Londona and Paris.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]