kholmes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larryh, Dec 2, 2006.

1. larryh

larryh New Member

Let us know how you are doing with your computer problems.

Larry
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Haven't had a chance to remove the files yet.
    The Dogpile add-on doesn't seem to be causing problems anymore, but now, the ABCNews toolbar add on seems to be doing the same thing (causing IE to shut down).

I'm also having trouble with the fingerpad (or whatever it's called) on my laptop. It's getting stuck, and I'm having trouble moving the arrow around on the screen. A friend suggested I get a trackball, but I'm wondering if there's a way to repair the fingerpad.
  3. larryh

larryh New Member

Ken,

personally I would not install any tool bars on my computer. Try going into Control pAnel > Add Remove Programs and see if the tool bar is listed there. IF so remove it.

Try reinstalling the drivers for your touchpad. Lots of times that will fix the problem.

Larry
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Just removed the ABC toolbar. We'll see if IE runs better.

What disk typically has the drivers for the touchpad?

5. larryh

larryh New Member

Ken,

Hopefully you received CD's with drivers with your computer. If not give me the make and model and I bet I can find the driver for you.

Larry
  6. larryh

larryh New Member

Thank you for the kind words. I just try to explain things the way I would like them explained to me. That plus a I have been doing this for a long time. I wish I was still able to do it for a living, but it is great to be able to help others here.

Larry
  7. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I am glad Larry came on to ask you. I had been wondering the same thing.

I have been in a flare the last few days and really not very much up to par. Pain, fatigue and fibro fog have been horrible.

Sorry I hadn't checked in. It is a good thing Larry is on the ball. He is such good help and more up on things than me. I try, but he is the expert. I will always be there to help though if I can and anyone needs me.

Keep us posted on that removal of dogpile and take care.
    Blessed Be & Kitten Hugs,
    Laurie
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I appreciate help from the BOTH of you. You both explain things quite well. I'm learnig a lot and greatly appreciate it.

I'll have to dig out my drivers and find the one to reinstall the one with the touchpad on it. It's starting to drive me nuts.
  9. larryh

larryh New Member

How come I have to be the expert? Sounds like more responsibility to me. I don't know if it is because I am on the ball or because I don't have a life. I spend all most all of my time here at my desk either on the computer or trying to paint. I even added a HDTV card to my computer so I can watch TV while I work (play).

Sorry about your flare and I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I wondered if that wasn't what happened when you dissappeared for a few days.

Larry
  10. larryh

larryh New Member

Are you trying to ruin my reputation or what? I find clarity of mind is something that is sometimes elusive these days.

I had to go check, but yes my profile is correct.

I wonder how much trouble we are all in if I am the expert.

Larry
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I got rid of the ABC toolbar (funny, I kind of liked that little news scroll at the top). Low and behold, Internet Explorer seems to be working well again.

Still having fingerpad problems, though, and will be looking for the Driver disks today. If I reinstall drivers, will I lose program files?

12. larryh

larryh New Member

Ken,

Installing drivers will not wipe out anything. Just make sure you read each warning before you proceed. If anything warns about losing data don't do it and you probably are not doing what you need to anyway.

Larry