Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Ken

I saw your reply on the film post. How are you feeling???? We've missed you here, it seems like ages since you've been around, I hope you're on your feet again.

You reminded me of a film I saw a few years back, Seven Years in Tibet, true story of a German climber who went there to climb, in the 30s, and ended up staying for 7 years. Played by Brad Pitt, don't let that put you off, he really did a brilliant job, worth seeing if you haven't seen it already.

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2007]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

...and anyone curious if I've fallen off the face of the earth.

Still feeling very crummy, alas. Thanks for asking about me. My spirits are good, though I wish I could say the same about my body. Spending much time on the computer or the phone are still wiping me out. I miss being on here, and once I start feeling better, I plan to jump back on, with Book Club, where in the world games, and general chat with good friends like you.

I loved Seven Years in Tibet. A beautiful film, isn't it? I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan, but he was excellent in the movie. Someday, I plan to read the Heinrich Harrer book the movie was based on, as well as a book he wrote about the Eiger in Switzerland, called The White Spider. My wife found a documentary at the library for me called Tibet: Cry of the Snow Lion.

Hope you're doing well, Rosie. How are things in the lands between Glasgow and Edinburgh?

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2007]
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

well I'm glad you're in good spirits at least. Strange how this dd can lay us so low but we keep our sense of humour, thank goodness for that.

I had a couple of 'good' weeks but now its one day up, one day in bed which is still a huge improvement and I'm not complaining. Supposed to be going to see 42nd street, musical, on Saturday in Glasgow. Have to book seats months in advance and never know if I'll make it or not but here's hoping.

I'd like to read the books by Heinrich Harrer as well - will check out my library.

Falkirk is fine just now, we are having a little indian summer here, thank goodness as the summer was the worst since 1956 or thereabouts. Some warm, sunny days. Geese passed over tonight, from Norway or Russia so winter cant be far away.

Hope you feel stronger soon Ken, we really miss you here.

My library has 3 of his books, Return to Tibet, The White Spider and 7 years in Tiber. I think my husband will enjoy these, he likes walking (not climbing) up mountains.

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2007]
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I sure hope you feel better really soon! Take good care of yourself. The board will be here when you feel better.

All the best, Erika

(Rosie, sorry to jump in on your post. Thank you!)
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to jump in on your jumping in. Haha

Hi Rosie. Tell your husband to watch out when he's walking up mountains. Oliver Sacks walked up a mountain in Norway, got chased by a bull and would up w/ a broken leg.

Hi Ken. Everybody misses you. Scoot back as soon as you can.

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Rosie, How was 42nd Street? Lucky you!
    Has your husband ever hiked in Glencoe or in the Cuillins on Skye? Two of the most beautiful places in the world, in my opinion. Enjoy the waning Scottish summer.

Zen and Rock: Thanks, my friends! Hope you're both having a good weekend.