Kidney Pain?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by VeryHarry, Jul 16, 2012.

1. VeryHarry

VeryHarry New Member

Hello,

I run for Purdue so I run a lot of miles about about 11 a day right now, after a run I was walking back to my bike were I'll bike back home. My run wasn't a hard one though and while i was walking I breathed deep and a sharp pain shot in my kidney area. I did it about 5 times and each time a sharp pain shot in my lower mid back area. I don't know if this is just dehydration or something more serious.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Does Purdue have a school doctor for the team so that you might discuss all this AND discuss hydration and exactly how much water you should be consuming ?

If not, then my suggestion is to see a doctor to check out what is happening. I had a boyfriend when I was out of high school that ran and he had a problem with a foot and decided to just "run through it." It was a mistake and he had hurt the foot and caused greater harm by continuing to run, instead of stopping and getting it looked at.

Many years ago, I didn't realize I had a kidney infection and it suddenly hit hard while I was working out at a gym. But again, you would need to show a doctor exactly where the pain is.

Just as an FYI, people on this board were buying "good" sports shoes to find out there were not that good, had imperfections, and made in various third world countries. Have you considered your shoes as a possible cause too?

Good luck and I hope you figure this out.