Kids Back to School Having anxiety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelfoo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. angelfoo

angelfoo New Member

Hello Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has tips on helping mornings go smoother. Mornings are just the worst for me. Every year I just push myself and by the time I get them to school I am worn out. Takes most of the day to regain some energy.they are great kids no problems in the morning for the most part. Just wondering how other moms do it? Thanks,
    angela
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

My son started middle school today. I think it was harder on me than it was him. He was nervous when he got out of the car, but he ran in the school looking happy.

I make him lay out his clothes, backpack, anything he needs the next morning the night before. He knows he has to get up when I call him (I give him a couple of times, kind of a like a snooze alarm) and he knows he just has to get dressed and ready.

I used to let him take his shower in the mornings, but I have changed it to night time. It takes too long in the mornings.

I make sure I have breakfast foods he can fix himself or fresh fruit that he grabs and eats in the car.

He pretty much knows that his life will be easier if he does what he knows he is supposed to do.

Linda
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I too make sure that my children's clothes are ready for the next day. If everything is right in reach it makes mornings better

I also have my son get a shower in the mornings. If not he is grumpy and slow in the morning. After a 10 min shower he is on the ball.

Have simple quick breakfast foods in the house. I buy flavored oatmeat, fruit bars, cereal, and frozen breakfast choices like waffles or sausage biscuits.

4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

My son is going into 7th grade this year also. They start in 2 weeks. Wow- time flies! My son takes his showers at night also- it would take too long in the morning. Because I leave for work at 6:00 am, my husband stays with him. They spend hours in the morning with music- piano and saxophone. Although this year, his bus comes at 7:10! I'm not sure of how they are going to work it out. My husband is the musician and thank goodness!
  5. angelfoo

angelfoo New Member

The girls started back to school yesterday and they really like their teachers this year. 7th and 5th grade.

Thank you for writing me I do not feel so alone. I have pretty much been keeping to myself no friends no calls it just seems to overwhelming the doctors say I am suffering from depression that is why I feel the way I do. I think the depression comes from feeling so achy and tired all the time. The Dr.s can't find a thing.

My husband is not supportive and we are having a rough time. Just needed to write thanks again!
    Angela