Kids wipeing me out.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IlivetocantoronXena, Jun 28, 2006.

1. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

My kids last day of school was last Thursday. They have keep me going and going. I need to get some rest. I suppose I have spoiled them the last 8 months of feeling a bit better. Trying to make up for the years I had been bed ridden. I am at a lost and the summer has vacation just started I have 9.5 more weeks to go till they go back to school. I feel like if I tell them I need a few days off they we be hurt, I don't know how to explain it to them. One would think I would after having been ill for over a little of 10 years. Friday I am going to buy a 4 foot 16 feet round pool for them, I am hoping this will help myself, seeing I am not a beach babe I have heat intolerance and I can not spend 14 + hours at the stable.
    Thanks any advice would be much appreciated. I feel like I am being selfish.
    Michelle
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Don't think of yourself as being selfish. Yes, it is hard having kids with this DD, I have 2 boys, 14 and 7, and yes, I haven't been the greatest "soccer mom" so to speak. I never had the energy to take them to the park, zoo's, museums, etc.... but kids adapt. Just learn to pace yourself. I guess its hard to explain to them in terms that they will understand.

I think the pool will be good for you and the kids. THey will love it!

Good luck and remember we are here for you!!!

Dawn