kiefer starter?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Jan 19, 2010.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I was trying to find an old post from someone who was making kiefer and she was telling where to get the grains for the starter?? Please if anyone knows i would like to get that info and along with how to make instructions . I have alot of digestion problems , I know how to make y
    ogurt. But would like to make my own kiefer. thanks crickett
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Hi Crickett,
    i bought some kefir grains from the kefirlady about 6 months ago, and they are doing great!
    i have been giving the extra i have to people that ask, so in about a week i'll have an over abundance again.
    if you would like some, i would be happy to send them to you.
    Kat
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Will you have enough that you could send some to me, too? If not, that's ok, but if so, I'd love to start making my own.
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

just give me about a week and i should have enough extra to send a few packets out:)
    it's easy and way cheaper that those little probiotic shots.
    Kat
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I got mine from kefirlady.com (like the above poster did, I can't see her name in this window). They've worked very well and she sends complete instructions.

I also use powdered goat's milk to make it as am allergic to cow's milk. I get the powdered goat milk from Vitacost, much cheaper than the health food store.

Mary
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

Hi kat0465
    I would live to get some kefir grains . Just tell me what you need me to do and i will do it. Also is it hard to make??? I make homemade yogurt so hopefully i will be able to make kefir. Thank you so much for your kindness. I will wait for your next reply .
    thanks crickett
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

great, thanks! : )
  8. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

it's really easy to make, if i can anybody can! i use organic cows milk. some people use goast milk, but i cant find goats milk that isnt ultra pasteruized.

thats about the only kind of milk you cant use is ULTRA pasteurized, other tha that it's easy:)

Just send me your addy @ kdavis4465@aol.com and ill send you a packet out next week

if you can, maybe send a few dollars to your favorite cfs site. and ill pay for the shipping.
    Kat
  9. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

if you read the post i wrote to crickett, just do the same.
    my e-mail is kdavis4465@aol.com, ill send it out next week.
    Kat