Kind of depressed just venting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Jun 19, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

The kids are out of school now and already the house is fast becoming a mess. I love havin' em' here but no one picks up anything.

My pain level is baaaaaaaaad today (see's fight's post on pain level) and I feel like I could cry when I see the dirty wet towels, dishes all over the place, paper, pencils, markers, books, newspapers. etc. etc. etc.

I'm like marta, I don't get any help, and no respect either!

Just had to let it out!

((((Hugs)))))you guys,
    Michelle
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Sending you big huggies your way...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Michelle:

Can you get the kids interested in any games online?
    A friend of my sister's found that solution. Of course, it was harder to get them away from it, so they set a schedule.

nyrofan
  4. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I don't have kids but DH and the dogs make enough messes. So I understand your frustration.

Do you have a friend or relative that could take the kids for an outting or even help you clean up?
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

and good suggestions. It'll get better. It's just the transition I guess, plus I'm not feeling all that great and it hit me right between the eyes.

Michelle
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    remember thoes days!! can you put up a chore list for the kids?? i had to do that !! and if they follow it there was always a reward system depending on the completion of the job!! this worked really well! and they learned somthing in the process!! Just an idea!

for instance picking up dirty laundry, towels etc meant they could rent a movie or go to the local swimming park. etc!..............................................................I don't know how old they are but you need help!! pain levels are so hard to deal with on their own!!..............................Hugs! sisland
  7. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

is really important, and something I never managed to do. I've watched my cousins and their kids, all of whom were raised to help, grow up to be very responsible and happy people. I don't know how you go about doing this, but it sure makes for happier lives down the road. Things get done leaving time for a lot of fun activities. Everyone in that extended family is helpful, caring, expresses thanks readily etc.

I've looked back, and that is one thing I wish that I had managed to instill in myself -- huge energy problems have always been a hindrance there but still -- and my kids.

Maybe the kids might help make a list of things to do where each would get to take a turn being first to choose off the list for the week/day might help so they're part of the whole process. Wish you all the best.
  8. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

sending you hugs.

I am sorry you are not feeling we'll. I also have children

that are home for the summer. My children are a little older

now, but I did like one of the previous posters said put a

list of duties up and have a reward system. Also the kids

will find that if mom is getting help she will be a happier

person for them to be around and a healthier one too.

I am sending good wishes your way.

Christina
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry you feel overwhelmed looking at the clutter and etc...i know what you are feeling...and i only have one male...he is 16 years old...

i went into the bathroom and saw the t.p roll on top of the vanity sink and the old used up roll still there on the roller...

so i said to him am i the only one that knows how to change out the roll of t.p...

he said no...i said then do it...i keep rolls of t.p right beside the toilet...because i have learned through years...that males usually do not change the darn roll...they sit it on the back of the toilet or on the sink area...

so i would be there sitting w/o tp...yelling for a roll...

finally went to one of my son's friends moons ago.. saw what the mom had done...i that what a genius idea...she was the only female in her house....ever since i do the same...

i evn have a waste paper basket right beside the toilet....

then why the hell can't he get the roll changed out...? if it were video games, a t.v., or computer he would change the channel, move the knobs or delte the screen...

what is it about the t/p rollers...

sorry i am venting w/you...i have a snot tissue sitting right near the computer on the desk, his!...

so he and i will be having a nice talk about picking up after himself...he is not a little boy anymore...

i think you need to do the same as well...yours are not little anymore either...

good luck and i understand

jodie
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Awwwww, I'm sorry, Michelle. It's awful, isn't it, to see people with mega much energy using all for something other than lending a hand?

Tell you what. Why don't you sit those young 'uns down and assign them jobs? I thought from this post that you had little kids but your profile says they're 18 and 16, right? That's almost grown up in the case of the 18-year old. And mom is SICK. The very least they can do is pick up after themselves - and that is the LEAST. I'd think some food prep, laundry, errands like the grocery store and running the vacuum would be perfect. They could do that stuff before they begin on their own day. Tell 'em I said so.

Next, get in touch with your local library and read "The Breakdown Lane" by Jacquelyn Mitchard. I think you'd like it.

I know you just wanted to vent and here I am advising you, but you're a very special lady, I can tell by how you write. You deserve a break today and I'm not talking Micky Dees.

Hugs,
    Marta