Kind of ironic..but tonight I really learned my hubby understands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowaMorningGlory, Nov 22, 2006.

1. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

My husband, bless his soul, does not express emotions. Not a hugger or cuddler by nature. I know he loves me and in some ways has seemed to understand the severity of my FM.

But tonight was the clincher that now I know he understands.

Poor guy is passing a kidney stone. Second one in 2 months. He missed work today, which he never ever does.
    I have been trying to pamper him and take care of him and the three teenagers and their friends all day.

So okay, about an hour ago I asked him if he needed anything. He said yes, kidding of course, that he needed a new body. I said I couldn't help him much there but if I could I would give him mine. He smiled and said, "Are you kidding I will keep mine the kidney stones will pass in a few days and your pain won't."

Okay your wondering, he really doesn't seem very sympathetic, but consider he is passing a kidney stone, has had two back surgeries, has degenerative disc disease, and severe RLS!

He understands because he is in pain every day of his life and suffering right now, but realizes I am hurting too and suffering from one thing or another all the time. He can work yet...I can't.

By George I think he's got it!!

Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone,
    Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2006]
  2. jana15

jana15 New Member

Laurie,

You have a one in a million, Gem of a husband. Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving

Love Jana
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

That is great it helps to be with someone who gets it!

My hubby does too and when I was turned down for LTD insurance he said "maybe it's God's way of getting me up off my lazy butt to go back to work". He's 67 and still works part-time and takes care of alot of things for me.

I feel fortunate to have him.

Happy Turkey Day,
    Susan07
  4. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi Laurie. Yeah it is great when you know your better half really gets it. I remember trying to explain to my man how I felt and just could not find the right words when he took over and explained it to the T. I was so thrilled to know that he really DID get it. It really helps when you know he truly understands.

Mela
  5. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Just want to share bump. :)

Blessed Be,
    Laurie