Kinda A Wreck Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Aug 27, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi -

I am really stressed and depressed today- I think it is cause I am starting college vocational training Tomorrow... I hope I can do this- so many people counting on me and I am scared I will let them down- Sorry, I hate to fall apart- it is this darn DD- Now I can start to feel pain in my back and head and neck again- gotta be stress..

Please bare with me-gotta get through this-just don't want people to think less of me God I feel like a baby...

I have not heard from SSDI- I don't know if I should call or wait- too much happening all at once.

Depressed,stressed & scared...
    Why do we do this to ourselves?

Jet
  2. jenemc

jenemc New Member

what will you be taking? i am the same way...i am taking online classes and feel that i am letting my family down also.

if i was you, i would call and see what they know about your case. i am having to refile due to my lawyer's old secretary...she lost my file and didn't file my appeal.

good luck and let us know how your first day goes.

jennie
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...that the first week in very tough---I think any new situation, new job or school, is always rough the first week, but then it usually gets better. I know you are feeling stressed, and I'm not trying to minimize that, but I'm also excited for you that you are doing something new---takes courage. What kind of training will you get? What type of job would you eventually like to have?

You are NOT a baby to be feeling stressed...we all go through anxiety and stress especially with changes in our lives. I'm just sorry it is making you miserable today.

Please post on how your first day goes---you'll get through it! Remember that you have friends here pulling for you, and we want to know how things go for you. I'll say a prayer that you get through it OK.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It's an important time for you, I can see why you're antsy.

Take a deep breath - no, take a lot of deep breaths - and relax. Tell yourself that it will work out just as it should - and it will!

Best to you,
    Marta
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

O Sweetie, I understand EXACTLY how you feel.

I have this week off yet, then back to college I go for my last year!

The stress has been horrible for my FM but I keep thinking..."It's only temporary."

I still worry that I won't make it through the nursing program. (Passing is a 75%)

I have people counting on me too. I can't let them down, I'd be mortified!

But...WE WILL DO THIS!! One day at a time, and sometimes I have to take it hour by hour!

I'm glad you posted your feelings. You are NOT a baby.
    You are strong, intelligent, and courageous! Keep telling yourself that!

Keep us posted, and I will as well.
    Take care!
    E
  6. shvester

shvester New Member

I feel the same way!!
    I just found/signed up for this chat site and I feel maybe someone out there could relate. My back, neck,head,legs,and arms are aching as I sit here. I also am hoping to go back to college in about 2 weeks and I don't know what to expect. Have you found that any meds worked for the pain?... or is it the depression you're focussing on more?
    Well, they're all related.....
    HELP!!

EML
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Don't feel bad, I am also a mess today... traveled all the way to Sacramento to look at homes and I want to go home.

I am anxious and not able to eat, that makes me worse...

Hope you feel better soon...
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I missed your post yesterday so hope college is going OK for you today. Try and relax. It is hard but just do what you can and if you start feeling anxious escape to the rest room for a short break.

Try and take a fresh air break in the day too.

Good luck.

What are you taking?(subject vopro)

Love Anne
  9. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thanks to all of you for wishing me well! I feel like that semi ran me over and pushed me in some river... But I did it- I did it.-
    The mind is full of cob webs, I gotta lay down-geeeee i almost feel like I am 102 right now.

I am taking Medical Secretary, and hoping when I get done I can work from home doing transcripting- only know I can't work full time, so hope to work maybe 2-3hours day- if I hopefully get to that point- but I will give it 100% and thank you each and everyone for giving me the inspiraton...

Nite-Nite for now
    Hugs Janet
  10. TerryS

TerryS Member

I do medical transcription full time and work for a doctor's office (from home).

I never found a job yet that didn't require at least 4 hours per day. The ones that are part time are usually with a transcription service and plus they want you to work 2nd or 3rd shift and at least one day on the weekend...GOOD LUCK!

TERRY
  11. hob

hob New Member

Hi Jet,

Good for you for starting school. Just be open to making arrangements so that you can succeed. Also you might want to check to see if they have a disability services department at school. If they do you may be able to get books on tape to help you focus while you read. They may also have seperate testing areas instead of with the whole class. I was diagnosed while in college and those two things really helpped. Try not to worry so much about the big picture just take it one day at a time or rather one hour at a time.
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I was looking to see if you'd posted yet---thanks for letting us know how things went! I'm so glad you made it through...and things will probably get better with time, today was your first day and you aren't used to this kind of thing. Be sure you give yourself permission to just rest after each day you attend class---don't do laundry, cook or vacuum, just rest & recuperate. Save chores for the weekend, or just let stuff go until you are used to this new schedule.

I thought about you today, and I'm glad you checked in and let us know that you'd made it through! Now rest...

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  13. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi my wonderful angels;

I did sleep and rest the ole bod, still hurt but I know I will be putting the bio freeze on some of the aches(no spasms) YEAHHH- I had already signed up with CAP at college, they are for people with all kinds of disab. and I can have use of a tape recorder, extra time for home work and testing in a much quieter environment(what a wonderful thing) plus tutors if I need them(I can see that happening)..

Thanks,Terry for the input on transcripting-god bless you for doing 8 hours(that scares me,cause I can no longer work that) -BUT I am living day by day and who knows what could happen down the road-as they say the sky is the limit? Thank you all, my DH(poor honey) is picking up what slack he can- and the rest can wait...

Thank you again- I love you guys.
    Hugs Janet
  14. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Having the little extra's will definitely be beneficial.

That's something I never thought about...going to the school (Our learning center) and asking about the little extra's. Most of my teachers allow me to tape record their lectures.

Keep up the good work! You will be glad you did when you are finished.

Hugs,
    E